• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 80's books.
9 9

1,000 posts in this topic

Thanks for the info. (thumbs u

How about Peter Hsu's Quadrant? I have issue #6 and the inside cover reads 5000 printed.

my brother has issues 1-6 in NM/MT condition, he wanted to slab them, i told him to save his money. :boo:

Quadrant is worth slabbing in high grade.

Thanks for the info. (thumbs u

How about Peter Hsu's Quadrant? I have issue #6 and the inside cover reads 5000 printed.

my brother has issues 1-6 in NM/MT condition, he wanted to slab them, i told him to save his money. :boo:

Quadrant is worth slabbing in high grade.

what's the GPA on Q? i know there's already a CGC 9.8 for #1, and i know my brothers copy is at least a 9.8.

Quadrant #1 CGC 9.8 - $90 x2 (2008 & 2011)

Quadrant #5 CGC 9,8 - $16 (2004)

There are no other CGC 9.8's graded.

Bought these raw for $2 each in Quebec City about 5 years ago. Both are sold but I have more at CGC right now.

HPIM2095.jpg

Edited by juggernaut

The series looks better inside. There was a couple books that combined the series that I know of. One is a black and white cover and had a different title than Quadrant (Hellrazor). There was a color version that was available in hard cover and soft cover. I can't remember which of them is the uncensored version unlike the comic books. He also did another adult series called Gauntlet, along with Elf Warrior and The Adventurers.

Edited by 50 Cent #II (1st)

I saw that a few people mentioned this book, but didn't see it pictured, so I'll post some for poops and giggles.

Thorn-front-cover2.jpg

I left Columbus for NYC in Aug. of '83, a month before it was printed, and vaguely knew Jeff Smith as a fellow comic fan in Worthington OH in the 70s, and though I never really got on the Bone bandwagon, I wonder if i would have picked this up had I still been in town.

I might have passed at 3.95 though, as I was fairly broke back then, and limited my comic buying to more underground stuff like Raw and Weirdo. The odd thing is that I was at Ohio State when this strip was being printed, and my sister worked at The Lantern at the time, but I have no memory of it from back then.

Keeping true to the forum I started looking through my 80's comics and found a bunch with very low print runs. Yet they are not that hard to find. My TMNT #1 first print is the grail of my collection but you can even find it for the right price. So here is the absolute hardest to find 80's comic I have...EARTHMAN by Space Publications. Story, penciled and inked by Bob Dunn! The first appearance of the Andromedian Vampire!! with the ulta-rare 50 cent variant cover!!! I bought this in the late 80's and know two more existed at that time :news:

earthman001.jpg

Quadrant #1 CGC 9.8 - $90 x2 (2008 & 2011)

Quadrant #5 CGC 9,8 - $16 (2004)

There are no other CGC 9.8's graded.

Bought these raw for $2 each in Quebec City about 5 years ago. Both are sold but I have more at CGC right now.

HPIM2095.jpg

Sell me one when they come back, please!!!! :wishluck:

I remember reading an "Indie Gems" article in Wizard a while back, and one of the featured issues was the independent comic made by some popular artist now who hates the book so much he actually buys back the comic from people who own it!

It was all drawn very geometrically, lots of strait lines, rulers and protractors and compasses used I believe.

I think i remember the character one the front of the book having glasses and maybe a necktie. Weird shaped head...

Anyone???

Sounds like Floyd Farland: Citizen of the Future, by Chris Ware. It's a reformatted collection of strips he did as a college student in the 80s, published by Eclipse . He is apparently somewhat embarrassed by it today, as it has a "new wave" look that doesn't really resemble his current style.

I bought it when it came out, but it didn't do much for me, and sold it on ebay for 20 or 30 bucks maybe ten years ago.

1621356-p00001_super.jpg

#1 - Floyd Farland: Citizen of the Future, comic book published by Eclipse in 1987

Floyd Farland lives in a totaitarian "future" world where overpopulation and technology have ruined society.

A sly totalitarian state rules everything, inducing to their citizens to desire and do anything it want. In this

decadent world, everyone is in rebellion to the government, except Floyd Farland. This makes him very

suspicious and dangerous to the government's eyes. Because of this, Floyd is taken as an undergroud leader and

captured, tortured, brainwashed, rescued, hailed as savior, captured again, nearly killed and mind-wiped.

Sold my copy for $40.00 off ebay around three years ago. Picked it up in a bulk indie collection,

(cheap - like a quarter each for maybe around fifty) without realizing what it was.

Chris Ware = Genius?

Buy for 25¢, sell for $40 = Genius

Don't know about Chris Ware - he's always been in my like rather than love column. I appreciate why he's popular, and the packaging of the Acme Comics Library is inspired, but never really was that into his narratives.

Sold my copy for $40.00 off ebay around three years ago. Picked it up in a bulk indie collection,

(cheap - like a quarter each for maybe around fifty) without realizing what it was.

Chris Ware = Genius?

Buy for 25¢, sell for $40 = Genius

Don't know about Chris Ware - he's always been in my like rather than love column. I appreciate why he's popular, and the packaging of the Acme Comics Library is inspired, but never really was that into his narratives.

Agreed, too depressing for my tastes.