• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 80's books.
9 9

1,000 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I apologize if this has been covered in this thread or not (I haven't read all the pages).  How rare is the Elf Lord Night Wynd books?  I'm talking about the black and white ones?  I'm asking because I picked up a few issues lately and tried doing some research but couldn't turn up anything...

On 2/19/2017 at 1:41 AM, spreads said:

Hey guys, I apologize if this has been covered in this thread or not (I haven't read all the pages).  How rare is the Elf Lord Night Wynd books?  I'm talking about the black and white ones?  I'm asking because I picked up a few issues lately and tried doing some research but couldn't turn up anything...

They are crazy rare. I've never seen a full set.

Thanks, any idea on the print run(s)?

I have issue 1,2,6 as well as what I've been told is an original hand-drawn and colored piece.  Out of the two people that I encountered whom owned these books, both had some direct connection to Blair himself, and have had them in their possession during the whole time.  This could explain why the ones I have are pretty beat-up...

Edited by spreads
spelling

4 hours ago, spreads said:

I have issue 1,2,6 as well as what I've been told is an original hand-drawn and colored piece.  Out of the two people that I encountered whom owned these books, both had some direct connection to Blair himself, and have had them in their possession during the whole time.  This could explain why the ones I have are pretty beat-up...

Could you post some pics please? 

16 hours ago, spreads said:

1. 500 copies

2. 400 copies

6. 200-300 copies

1 hour ago, Juggernaut said:

1. 500 copies

2. 400 copies

6. 200-300 copies

Thanks!  What about the other issues...I've seen #3 and 4, and I think it goes up to issue 9?  I'm guessing they would be around the 300-400 mark.  I also think any high grade copies would be very few and far between.

1 hour ago, spreads said:

Thanks!  What about the other issues...I've seen #3 and 4, and I think it goes up to issue 9?  I'm guessing they would be around the 300-400 mark.  I also think any high grade copies would be very few and far between.

Here is a link to some pics

http://www.selena.com.fr/Site/Site/Part_1/MultiverseWithConnections/Elflord_Universe_1/ElflordUniverse1.htm#EL

If you're into those alternative/independent/underground hybrids of the period...Yummy Fur #9 had a print run of 1,673 copies. (Not my thing; stumbled across a full set in high grade. Learned that in the process. Got it for a song, and flipped it as a bargain. But a collector is happy and it's moved into the right hands. Maybe it's silly, but I kind of feel an obligation when parsing out an estate collection I've acquired. Cult stuff with a narrow, deep fan base can fall out of the hobby if it's not passed on.)

I love the small press books from the 1980s. There are many worth absolutely nothing that probably had print runs of a couple thousand down to several hundred. I'm working on my collection atm and been putting together the Elf Lords. I definitely have a decent amount of the Aircels, but no early Nightwynd. Once I'm organized, which should take another few months, I'll be working on getting all those strange, unknown titles.

On 2/13/2017 at 11:15 AM, davidpg said:

If I'm not mistaken, my copy of Blip 1 (that I bought off the stands) is a Canadian price copy with barcode of course.  I've been trying to find a pic...I'll take on e and post it Wednesday!

Which Wednesday?

On 2/21/2017 at 10:36 AM, Murphman13 said:
On 2/21/2017 at 9:17 AM, spreads said:

Here is a link to some pics

http://www.selena.com.fr/Site/Site/Part_1/MultiverseWithConnections/Elflord_Universe_1/ElflordUniverse1.htm#EL

From the link to the pictures of the various covers, it looks like I might actually have a copy of Nightwynd #1 in my collection.  :banana:

Any idea as to its print run and estimated current value in the marketplace in high grade?  :wishluck: