• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 80's books.
9 9

1,000 posts in this topic

Found this little book today at a small con in Milwaukee today.

omahapreview_zpspzqqzphh.jpg

That is amazing :golfclap:

And I might add, quite unusual for an underground/indie publication to have a preview with those remarks on the cover regarding print runs and collectability attributions. While I recall the late 80s as being over saturated with S+N editions. I dont recall seing too many previews with those remarks. Whats the size of this book?

It's about the size of a paperback novel, obviously not nearly as thick though.

And I might add, quite unusual for an underground/indie publication to have a preview with those remarks on the cover regarding print runs and collectability attributions. While I recall the late 80s as being over saturated with S+N editions. I dont recall seing too many previews with those remarks. Whats the size of this book?

Was this one of the epguides shows?

Yep, the Clarion Hotel show by the Milwaukee airport. There were maybe 7 dealers in a small ballroom but tons of attendees for the size of the room. Nice selection for the size.

Yep, the Clarion Hotel show by the Milwaukee airport. There were maybe 7 dealers in a small ballroom but tons of attendees for the size of the room. Nice selection for the size.

Same dealers at the Milwaukee Mighty Con or some new ones?

Pick up anything else of note?

Haven't been to a con in a while (for me); getting antsy for 2/13.

I am a huge Norm Breyfogle fan. So today was a good day as this arrived from ebay...

IMG_5541%20Custom.jpg

A few pages-

IMG_5542%20Custom.jpg

IMG_5543%20Custom.jpg

IMG_5544%20Custom.jpg

IMG_5545%20Custom.jpg

The seller has sold a few copies this year. It has been mentioned a few times online and in Norm's bio--

http://www.adelaidecomicsandbooks.com/breyfogle.html

http://www.mtu.edu/news/stories/2014/november/michigan-tech-archivists-preserve-past-for-future.html

http://www.comics.org/issue/395376/

I think you can see a bit of a Neal Adams influence here that disappears by the time he gets to Whisper and starts solidifying his own style.

I believe this belongs here

s_l1600_2.jpg

I've got a copy of this, problem is finding a bag to fit it. Magazine size is too short. So is this the first appearance of Tank Girl? I just had this laying around in one of my oddball piles, because the size of it makes it hard to store.

Yup, 1st appearance. There was a poster/ad of Tank Girl in Atomtan Magazine, but the first story of tank girl is Deadline #1

Thanks for the info, mine's even more beat up than the one in your picture, but still a neat item to have.

Yup, 1st appearance. There was a poster/ad of Tank Girl in Atomtan Magazine, but the first story of tank girl is Deadline #1

Thanks for the info, mine's even more beat up than the one in your picture, but still a neat item to have.

I yanked the pic off a sold listing from eBay it closed at 66.00.. Mind you this auction closed in midweek early afternoon with zero hype on that book. So I doubt any serious fans were watching it. I can only imagine what a BINwould fetch for this book when Tank Girl gets front/center attention again. Even for a beat up copy

Super rare anthropomorphic zine published by Reed Waller. circulation around 80 copies each issue. Debut of Omaha the cat dancer

IMG_3723.jpg

IMG_3724.jpg

:o

THAT is impressive! I've only ever happened across one listing on Ebay for these last year, and I think that fellow wanted $500-$800 for his set.

Was this mentioned here already

supestoughone.jpg

Is that the "birthday" issue? That's gotta be a tough one.

My friend calls it the Jewish Superman variant lol

It was commissioned to Godfrey Bradman son's Bar Mizva. Mixed reports on its run but the most would be 200