• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Sixth Gun

5,597 posts in this topic

No...but I spent yesterday with Brian, and had a chance to watch it, so...that was cool. :)

No.....

You punk! haha

Your thoughts on it?

All in all, I enjoyed it. I think the show could have been very entertaining. Though not entirely faithful to the comic, I think the effort was certainly there. The casting was pretty decent, and it would have been fun to see where it went from there. It was a bit over the top in some parts (especially the action scenes, which featured a ridiculous hard rock soundtrack (Metallica - "For Whom the Bell Tolls" in the opening scene, and also Joker and the Thief and a White Stripes song)). It was a bit too heavy-handed, and I actually much preferred the quieter moments. Definitely not a clunker, though...it could have been a lot of fun if taken with a grain of salt that it wasn't going to be the same as the book.

The pilot was essentially issues 1 and 2, with Hume just about to break free of the coffin at the end.

And...oh, yeah...this cannot be overstated: Missy Hume was SSSSSSSSSSMOKIN' HOT!!!!!!

No...but I spent yesterday with Brian, and had a chance to watch it, so...that was cool. :)

No.....

You punk! haha

Your thoughts on it?

All in all, I enjoyed it. I think the show could have been very entertaining. Though not entirely faithful to the comic, I think the effort was certainly there. The casting was pretty decent, and it would have been fun to see where it went from there. It was a bit over the top in some parts (especially the action scenes, which featured a ridiculous hard rock soundtrack (Metallica - "For Whom the Bell Tolls" in the opening scene, and also Joker and the Thief and a White Stripes song)). It was a bit too heavy-handed, and I actually much preferred the quieter moments. Definitely not a clunker, though...it could have been a lot of fun if taken with a grain of salt that it wasn't going to be the same as the book.

The pilot was essentially issues 1 and 2, with Hume just about to break free of the coffin at the end.

And...oh, yeah...this cannot be overstated: Missy Hume was SSSSSSSSSSMOKIN' HOT!!!!!!

:o :O :o :O

No.....

You punk! haha

Your thoughts on it?

There were several bits I read where they were fleshing out the characters in their own way, BillJohn wanting to use the guns to bring someone back from the dead, Missy manipulating her minions, struggling to get Hume out of his mystical coffin, etc... would still love to see how they brought it to life regardless.

Billjohn really had no interest in the gun (he was more or less tagging along at Drake's request), and he certainly expressed no interest in using the gun to bring anyone back to life (although they did tweak the powers of that particular gun - it could be used to bring anyone back from the dead - not just the spirits of people it had killed in the past).

And, yeah, Missy was *HOT*!

Maybe you read an earlier version of the -script? That, or some scenes might have just ended up on the cutting room floor.

I read the one that was leaked, no idea how it compared to the final draft... the BillJohn scene where he wanted to bring back his wife I think was also one that was in some of the casting auditions that got upped on Vimeo.

OK, so...I've gotten a few more PM's, so I might as well just make this offer here:

Anyone else who might like one of the new t-shirts, send me a PM with the size you would like and I will see what I can do. I will ask Brian if he can send shirts for the boardies in the next package of art (probably in a month or so). Cost would just be t-shirt + shipping. I'm not upcharging here - just doing a favor for anyone that might be interested.

Of course, these shirts might also be available at future cons, or directly from Oni at a later date - I have no idea on this. I just know that they are a brand new design, and Brian just got them in time for Heroes this weekend.

I read the one that was leaked, no idea how it compared to the final draft... the BillJohn scene where he wanted to bring back his wife I think was also one that was in some of the casting auditions that got upped on Vimeo.

It's late, so maybe I'm mis-remembering.

Don't you have to kill the person with the gun to bring them back. So, he would have killed her? That would be tight.

BillJohn's part with Drake in one of the recent issues was awesome and fitting. Almost read like the end of Empire Strikes Back.

Patrick