• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action #1 on Ebay

65 posts in this topic

his "friend" says it is a real deal.......get new friends then.

can't open the plastic case? I didn't realize the book is encased in clear adamantium.

his "friend" says it is a real deal.......get new friends then.

can't open the plastic case? I didn't realize the book is encased in clear adamantium.

Clearly if a friend says it real it is, i mean come on its the internet would they really lie?

Thanks to DhmB for the pointer to the Action 1 reprints. I have sent them a message

about the 3 versions I have that they do not include. They list one I do not have or know

about. More dratted versions to look for.

Thanks to DhmB for the pointer to the Action 1 reprints. I have sent them a message

about the 3 versions I have that they do not include. They list one I do not have or know

about. More dratted versions to look for.

Cool, I look forward to seeing the updates on that site.

Meanwhile, the seller of the reprinted Action Comics #1 added a follow-up comment in small print that says it's a reprint. Nonetheless, the listing has been bid up to more than $500. Most of the bidders have low feedback ratings, suggesting possible shill bidding. (For reference, here is that listing )

Did anyone read the entire 2nd question? Someone is screwing with him:

"Hello, I believe that you have an original copy pictured and that it is a genuine first print from 1938 and NOT a reprint. You can tell by the car's lower molding and the cover's overall color printing. I'm very familiar with Action #1's. Best, Stephen Fishler"

LMAO!

Did anyone read the entire 2nd question? Someone is screwing with him: "Hello, I believe that you have an original copy pictured and that it is a genuine first print from 1938 and NOT a reprint. You can tell by the car's lower molding and the cover's overall color printing. I'm very familiar with Action #1's. Best, Stephen Fishler" LMAO!

I am under the impression that the seller is sending out these Q&A messages using the same fake accounts he's using to shill bid. Here are the two Q&A's --

Q: What you have is a real deal and I wish you a good luck. May-09-11

A: Thank you for confirm this

Q: Hello, I believe that you have an original copy pictured and that it is a genuine first print from 1938 and NOT a reprint. You can tell by the car's lower molding and the cover's overall color printing. I'm very familiar with Action #1's. Best, Stephen Fishler May-09-11

A: Thank you for let me know

----

Notice that both questions use the same broken English as the seller: "I wish you a good luck," and "it is a genuine first print."

Bids are now up to $560....for a comic that's worth about $3.

I wonder how Stephen Fishler feels about somebody using his name to commit fraud?

Did anyone read the entire 2nd question? Someone is screwing with him: "Hello, I believe that you have an original copy pictured and that it is a genuine first print from 1938 and NOT a reprint. You can tell by the car's lower molding and the cover's overall color printing. I'm very familiar with Action #1's. Best, Stephen Fishler" LMAO!

I am under the impression that the seller is sending out these Q&A messages using the same fake accounts he's using to shill bid. Here are the two Q&A's --

Q: Hello, I believe that you have an original copy pictured and that it is a genuine first print from 1938 and NOT a reprint. You can tell by the car's lower molding and the cover's overall color printing. I'm very familiar with Action #1's. Best, Stephen Fishler May-09-11

----

Notice that both questions use the same broken English as the seller: "I wish you a good luck," and "it is a genuine first print."

I wonder how Stephen Fishler feels about somebody using his name to commit fraud?

He probably feel no good.

----

He probably feel no good.

lol that am funny!

Speaking of Action Comics #1 reprints, what's the deal with this completed auction?

Action #1 reprint that sold for $79

Are the reprints really worth this much? I've seen them sell for $2, $20, and sometimes nearly $100.

Not this particular copy. I have spent $400 or more on a few of the reprints.

Speaking of Action Comics #1 reprints, what's the deal with this completed auction?

Are the reprints really worth this much? I've seen them sell for $2, $20, and sometimes nearly $100.

What's the story with these? Which ones are valuable and which ones are common? Or should I ask in a different message section.

What's the story with these? Which ones are valuable and which ones are common? Or should I ask in a different message section.

It's all about condition. The editions from 1988 and newer sell for about $100 - $200 in 9.8 The safeguard edition is more rare and sells for about $500 in 9.8 I have never seen the Nestles edition in 9.8 I'm guessing this issue would sell for $500 to $1000. I have a 9.9 copy of one of the editions.

while I certainly wouldn't want to dictate to anyone their collecting drive...to pay more than a couple of dollars for any reprint in any condition is a concept I can't wrap my head around... that said, I can't see paying multiples for 9.6's vs 9.2's either, so maybe I just don't "get it" (thumbs u

while I certainly wouldn't want to dictate to anyone their collecting drive...to pay more than a couple of dollars for any reprint in any condition is a concept I can't wrap my head around... that said, I can't see paying multiples for 9.6's vs 9.2's either, so maybe I just don't "get it" (thumbs u

+1. Reprints are really cool for reading books that I could never afford but not for collecting, at least not for me. But then, if someone really enjoys collecting later editions, who am I to stop them from doing so.