• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I quit collecting...

30 posts in this topic

...Silver age comics! Ive finally decided to take the plunge into GA. For my entire time spent collecting, I have never bought anything but Marvel silver age books, never bought one DC book and now thats all about to change! Cant fight it any longer, Im coming to the dark side and have decided my first GA book is either going to be an Adventure Comics #42 or #44. Cant get enough of he GA art and am waiting to find a Sandman cover I can all my own!

It's nice because after a while you start to accomplish many of your goals. But the rarity and price point of GA ensures there's pretty much only a small handful of people who can ever really have it all.

I'm happy to land a few nice ones per year in this end of the pool. Welcome board from one newb to another!

...Silver age comics! Ive finally decided to take the plunge into GA. For my entire time spent collecting, I have never bought anything but Marvel silver age books, never bought one DC book and now thats all about to change! Cant fight it any longer, Im coming to the dark side and have decided my first GA book is either going to be an Adventure Comics #42 or #44. Cant get enough of he GA art and am waiting to find a Sandman cover I can all my own!

Adventure 42 or 44 are two incredible books and represent an ambitious start - good luck with the hunt, and welcome to the wonderful world of GA! :cloud9:

Its funny because I stopped collecting when I was like 15, 12 years later I bought my first book, and less than a year later I bought an AF15, while it was great to have,I felt like it took the excitement out of all the books I bought after it. GA has, just like you said, an assortment of books that keep the excitment alive.

I'd say cover to cover, GA books are way better than SA, but story wise I'd say SA. Welcome to the GA thread. After I bought my first GA book (I was collecting SA back then) I never turned back
you nailed it bro.

I'd say cover to cover, GA books are way better than SA, but story wise I'd say SA.

... true ... so long as the SA book is a Marvel book. :sumo:

spoken by a man who obviously has not read the metal men series. tin was great!

I'd say cover to cover, GA books are way better than SA, but story wise I'd say SA.

I agree. All of my comic money goes to GA but I get my SA fix through the Marvel Masterworks (mostly) and DC Archives books.