• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My EBAY Nightmare

596 posts in this topic

I must say; It's been a long time since I have seen such fine collectibles as offered by John.

So how is the purchase of the ASM #1 going?

By the way, the eBay ID you gave - KITDHWAN49 - gets this response from eBay - "The user ID was not found."

Sorry for my delayed reaction;

RE:My ID [sORRY-#2] zzz Please research my corrected handle

on ebay;

Kitdhawan49

THANKS for the head's up on that misspell!

So how is the purchase of the ASM #1 going?

I have just encountered some unexpected medical issues,so I

have to shift priorities. I felt it necessary to not hold John up

on his transaction opportunities; So, I passed...

As for people who don't want to do business with me.........

It's your loss. I pack well,

I would hope so, lol!

He may pack well but there is a high chance that he will never ship your item. :insane:

lol

I was going to just let this die. But it appears that it has been reborn. So, just to clarify:

The paypal verification is not the same as the eBay verify ID.

You can be paypal verified and you still will not be able to bid over $15K without meeting the eBay requirements.

MCF335 clearly did not meet the eBay requirements before the auction expired.

Ebay requires linking a bank account where, initially, small deposits are made to verify

correct funding,yes? This I did MANY YEARS AGO. :makepoint:

That being said & done; Did I meet auction requirements? (shrug)

I know this is off topic but when a seller refunds money to you through ebay/paypal, how do you avoid the paypal charges? I've had situations where the seller refunded me the exact price I paid, but when the money goes to my paypal account, there is a 3% surcharge, so a full refund isn't really a full refund.

If the seller does it right, i.e., refunds using the refund button on Paypal, you will receive your full payment back without any fees taken out. If the seller screws it up and just send you a payment in the amount you initially paid him, then it's not a "refund" but a payment subject to their fees.

(shrug)

Thanks. At least I know there IS a way. The Sellers swore there was no way to save me on the fees since the transaction went through ebay...hogwash.

I was going to just let this die. But it appears that it has been reborn. So, just to clarify:

You can be paypal verified and you still will not be able to bid over $15K without meeting the eBay requirements.

Ebay requires linking a bank account where, initially, small deposits are made to verify

No, you did not meet the bidding requirements for bids over $15K when the auction ended

That sounds like the Paypal procedure for linking a bank account to your paypal, not the eBay procedure for doing ID Verify or putting a credit card on file.

Have you ever sold anything on eBay?

As for posters (like SkyPinkBlu or Namisgr) who have the level of maturity to see more than one side and try to communicate with others rather than just score points or work out their own issues, you have my gratitude for renewing my faith in people.

As the highest bidder NOT properly logged on the ASM#1[8.0] bid history.

I have stated that my verification on both accounts [EBAY/PP] was

"in perfect order" , as stated by the CS rep. [ I did indeed, link/verify funding

with small deposits made into my account 6 years ago]

FYI; I was also told that EBAY would

" get back to [me]" on this SNAFU. They did not; No email,no call.

{ NOT EVEN A FOLLOW-UP 'RATE SERVICE' SURVEY?!

On the other hand, John has shown me every courtesy; Given me

every opportunity & several payment options to assure a smooth

transaction. He turned me on to this site & several other helpful considerations.

I passed on the book at this time due to medical/bill issues.

I'll be watching CL in the future for an 8.0.when in a better mood... :wishluck:

It's been a learning experience for me; TF { AND Skybluepink} has given me

valuable info that I truly appreciate. In fact,"Thanks" to you all for

being helpful.A forum to which I shall stay tuned!

That sounds like the Paypal procedure for linking a bank account to your paypal, not the eBay procedure for doing ID Verify or putting a credit card on file.

YEP! I HAVE been predominantly a buyer for over 6 years [KITDHAWAN49];

However, I've sold on Ebay dozens of times with no NEG.FB.

[ Actually got one neg whilst buying,.THAT :tonofbricks: can't happen again,per new rules. ]

No, you did not meet the bidding requirements for bids over $15K when the auction ended

Hate to be tedious, but I need to check this out.

Being, confirmed,verified,linked bank acct.,linked CCs.....What did I miss?

[ Actually got one neg whilst buying,.THAT :tonofbricks: can't happen again,per new rules. ]

Were your eBay fees for selling charged to your credit card? If so, then you had a CC on file with eBay, and you should have been allowed to bid.

Were your eBay fees for selling charged to your credit card? If so, then you had a CC on file with eBay, and you should have been allowed to bid.

I just had to fix this mess.

I just had to fix this mess.

I need my lawn mowed, too... :baiting::)