• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

August Comiclink Auction

449 posts in this topic

Cannot believe the crazy price for the 5th Action wrap, $4,053 so far. Yeah its got the Supe lifting the car panel, but $4,053 for a single wrap! :screwy:

If everyone can just slow down on their bids and not try to outdo each other maybe it wouldnt be so high :mad:

Rule # 1 , Dont bid often!

Cannot believe the crazy price for the 5th Action wrap, $4,053 so far. Yeah its got the Supe lifting the car panel, but $4,053 for a single wrap! :screwy:

If everyone can just slow down on their bids and not try to outdo each other maybe it wouldnt be so high :mad:

Rule # 1 , Dont bid often!

Rule # 2, It was fun thrill-bidding $3990 for an item that I have no chance of winning.

the 5th Action wrap, $4,053 so far. Yeah its got the Supe lifting the car panel, but $4,053 for a single wrap! :screwy:

Does anyone know how much the first 3 wraps went for a couple years ago?

I believe the 1st 3 slabbed Action #1 wraps sold for btwn $1,500 to $3,100 each before the current $1 million+ sales of Action #1.

Seems like the coverless Detect #27 Cgc NG cfo non-Batman pages bought off last month's Comic Connect auction is being flipped on current cLink Focused Auction already. Hot potato or buyer's remorse? :ohnoez:

I am disappointed about the Action 52. I was interested in bidding on that as well. I can certainly understand why the consignor might hesitate parting with it. Still with all the interest in it, the seller would surely do well.

Can someone explain Rule #2?

How is it a "thrill" to bid on an item that you know you're not going to win? Just trying to understanding this phenomenon...

How is it a "thrill" to bid on an item that you know you're not going to win? Just trying to understanding this phenomenon...

it is the potential "danger" that even though one might "assume" they will not win with their "thrill" bid, it is statistically possible that they might...so, that is the "exciting" or "thrilling" part... even if their expection differs

it is the potential "danger" that even though one might "assume" they will not win with their "thrill" bid, it is statistically possible that they might...so, that is the "exciting" or "thrilling" part... even if their expection differs

I see - more like a "low-ball" bid. I guess that leads me to the second question: Has anyone here ever put in a thrill bid and ACTUALLY WON? :whee:

Well stated.

My $3953 bid bought me the right to feel thrilled that I had the potential to win the wrap -- until 3 hrs. 40 mins. later when the thrill moved on to the new current highest bidder.

Actually, come to think of it, I won this Action 37 off Clink a year / year and a half ago off a bid that I placed, forgot about and then ended up winning. That was indeed a THRILL, even if the bid itself wasn't (at least for the seller). lol

Action37CGCfront.jpg