• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

August Comiclink Auction

449 posts in this topic

If I had the money, I would so go for one of the non-Supes Action #1 wraps (would be cheaper that way).

Anyone have any guesstimates as to how much those will go for?

Not going for the Tec 33?

:o

I think if you name yourself Detective33Kid, you have an obligation to try to win every copy that comes up for sale.

Is the Action 52 gone? I don't see it listed anymore.

It's gone, as is a Superman #3 CGC 6.0. There were 3 copies of Superman #3 yesterday. Today there are only 2.

What's meant by "gone"? ???

I thought all of these books were for the upcoming August auction. Is CL preselling some of these books prior to the auction or are they being removed at the consignor's request?

I think if you name yourself Detective33Kid, you have an obligation to try to win every copy that comes up for sale.

The thought had crossed my mind as well; but I ran into a few pitfalls.

1) I was barely able to afford my .5 copy and had to sell my former grail to get it.

2) If I had "Tec #33 money", as much as I love the issue, I'd rather have a second book of a similar caliber than multiples of the same.

With that aside of course, I think now's a great time to buy Tec #33's. It's not as "hot" as it has been in years past so it being "out of vogue" will certainly provide collectors with an opportunity to land a grail that might be otherwise unaffordable. I have a feeling that the issue will come back into vogue in due time.

If I had the money, I would so go for one of the non-Supes Action #1 wraps (would be cheaper that way).

I would like to change my name to MajorInaPackKid ...

It's gone, as is a Superman #3 CGC 6.0. There were 3 copies of Superman #3 yesterday. Today there are only 2.

I thought all of these books were for the upcoming August auction. Is CL preselling some of these books prior to the auction or are they being removed at the consignor's request?

I don't know, but they were removed before the auction began, so it's hard to cry foul. Maybe the consignor sold it and contacted Josh to pull the book. Or maybe, in the case of the Action #52, the consignor read us talking about how tough that issue is, and decided to keep it.

I would like to change my name to MajorInaPackKid ...

:roflmao:

There was a Batman #23 that got removed as well. It was a 7.0 OW-W that probably didn't want to be in the same auction as the 7.5 OW-W that got added at some point.

As a seller I think it would be a pretty reasonable decision to pull that book and wait for next month.

I don't know, but they were removed before the auction began, so it's hard to cry foul. Maybe the consignor sold it and contacted Josh to pull the book. Or maybe, in the case of the Action #52, the consignor read us talking about how tough that issue is, and decided to keep it.

It's showing in the November auction preview.

Is More Fun 73 a book that gets a lot of love. It seems it should be a monster key with three first appearances but I am guessing not having any of the three on the cover hurts a bit.

I sold my coveless more fun 73 for a nice price....and the aquaman story inside is sweet.....If they'd thrown him on the cover, it'd be a MONSTER book.

It's showing in the November auction preview.

I don't see the Action #52 in the November preview, but I do see the Supes #3 that I mentioned. Really nice looking book with no dust shadows. It'd grade at least 7.0 if not for the detached centerfold.