• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 90's books.
7 7

1,246 posts in this topic

I also collect 3M bookshelf games from the 50's & 60's.

Acquire, Mr. President, etc., etc. They don't makes games like these anymore. The period illustration work is awesome purely on its own...

acquire-3m-bookshelf-game-complete-vintage-1962_180658133725.jpgvintage-1968-stocks-bonds-3m-bookshelf-game-011ee.jpg

46535.jpgSZFl3UUKuWTdpSs.jpg

Where's JATI?

Love Acquire and all Sid Sackson games.

Acquire, Mr. President, etc., etc. They don't makes games like these anymore. The period illustration work is awesome purely on its own...

acquire-3m-bookshelf-game-complete-vintage-1962_180658133725.jpgvintage-1968-stocks-bonds-3m-bookshelf-game-011ee.jpg

Where's JATI?

Just a sample. :) I have them all...

Where's JATI?

Just a sample. :) I have them all...

My group played the Avalon Hill boxed games instead of the 3M ones.

Is this book the least bit hard to find/rare? I picked it up at the Dallas Comicon this weekend and it came with both the 3-D glasses and the Solar, Man of the Atom poster.

ValiantVisionStarterKit1NM-with3-DglassesSolarposter.jpg

I had a gut feeling about it so I bought it. :wishluck:

Is this book the least bit hard to find/rare? I picked it up at the Dallas Comicon this weekend and it came with both the 3-D glasses and the Solar, Man of the Atom poster.

Some fool even slabbed one.

doh!

I'll assume you're joking because this book is extremely common (200,000 copies) and basically worthless,

but it does have the distinction of being the only Neal Adams cover in Valiant.

I'll assume you're joking because this book is extremely common (200,000 copies) and basically worthless,

I have a worthless slabbed copy!

:banana:

lol

No, I wasn't joking. I normally don't ask questions if I already know the answer. I've never seen one before. I'm not a big Valiant fan and had no clue about this book. I only spent $2 for it so it's not like it's a big loss or anything. (shrug)

No, I wasn't joking. I normally don't ask questions if I already know the answer.

You get back in the corner and write on the blackboard, "I will never ask a question again" 500 times.

:sumo:

(:

No, I wasn't joking. I normally don't ask questions if I already know the answer.

You get back in the corner and write on the blackboard, "I will never ask a question again" 500 times.

:sumo:

(:

:roflmao:

Picked this up over the weekend for $20. Still sealed. :)

xmen-game.jpg

It's still in transit, but the front looks like it says "comic book OFFER inside". I wonder if the book is actually in there, or if it's a mail away.... SURE hope it's the prior!

The books that were offered inside the box were UXM 303, UXM 307 and X-Men 11. The mail away form could have landed you any one of those or UXM 297. From what I understand, the 297 was only available via the mail in coupon. I'm still not sure if you were guaranteed one of the books in the box. Let us know how it turns out!

Arrived today... Had X-Men 307 inside in fantastic condition. No idea what it's really worth... The BiN on the only copy on ebay is $55. Apparently it's one of the harder to locate?

I thought it was a 9.8, but after scanning it, I noticed what looks like a printer crinkle along the top edge. Not sure if CGC would ding for that nor not. It's almost imperceptible in hand; almost like it was there prior to printing...

The pics are hotlinks to bigger scans if you're curious.

press_f_307s.jpgpress_b_307s.jpg

Edited by sl4ppy

Picked this up over the weekend for $20. Still sealed. :)

xmen-game.jpg

It's still in transit, but the front looks like it says "comic book OFFER inside". I wonder if the book is actually in there, or if it's a mail away.... SURE hope it's the prior!

The books that were offered inside the box were UXM 303, UXM 307 and X-Men 11. The mail away form could have landed you any one of those or UXM 297. From what I understand, the 297 was only available via the mail in coupon. I'm still not sure if you were guaranteed one of the books in the box. Let us know how it turns out!

Arrived today... Had X-Men 307 inside in fantastic condition. No idea what it's really worth... The BiN on the only copy on ebay is $55. Apparently it's one of the harder to locate?

I thought it was a 9.8, but after scanning it, I noticed what looks like a printer crinkle along the top edge. Not sure if CGC would ding for that nor not. It's almost imperceptible in hand; almost like it was there prior to printing...

The pics are hotlinks to bigger scans if you're curious.

press_f_307s.jpgpress_b_307s.jpg

Like I said in the other thread... :applause::applause::applause:

Received an item today that I've been looking for for a few years now. I see there is someone selling them for $125, but that's more than what I was willing to pay. Ebay has not had one all this time, then a couple weeks ago 2 show up at the same time. I picked up one.

See if you can come across one.

Genus #2 (Sept. 1993) (Adult only)

First Terry Moore's Strangers in Paradise published work.

http://strangersinparadise.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=796

Received an item today that I've been looking for for a few years now. I see there is someone selling them for $125, but that's more than what I was willing to pay. Ebay has not had one all this time, then a couple weeks ago 2 show up at the same time. I picked up one.

See if you can come across one.

Genus #2 (Sept. 1993) (Adult only)

First Terry Moore's Strangers in Paradise published work.

http://strangersinparadise.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=796

Nice pick-up! :applause:

Anybody else know of the two Amazing Spider-Man newspaper giveaways from the 90s that were given out around Halloween time?

I have searched for years and haven't found one. I believe they were two anyway, I think one had the Rhino on the cover.