• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do not miss this thread: Mystery lady blows the lid off PGX?

486 posts in this topic

"Yes I worked with Daniel for about 6 years, I was there when he opened the company, through all three name changes (CGG, PGA and PGx) and I still have access to his house where he runs his company. I want the comic book world to know what he is doing and what he is allowing others to use his company for."

That is freakin hardcore!!!! She is pizzzzzzzzzed!!

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

:eek: No kidding! :ohnoez:

danny boy sounds like a cheapskate. hm:roflmao:

No, Danny spent $$ to put an embarrassing pic of his ex on 1 of his Pgx postcard ads "Woman scorned" (will be the end of ye small collector.)

when i first came to the boards i was curious about using them.... but after reading everything here there no way in hell lol

The only thing they have going for them is pricing. Much better than CGC pricing which in my opinion is out of line.

But, PGX is pure crapola. I find it funny they have scans on their website of Action #1 graded and other very pricey books. Who in their right mind would send PGX their Action #1?!!! doh!

Now thereby hangs a tale. :/

"Yes I worked with Daniel for about 6 years, I was there when he opened the company, through all three name changes (CGG, PGA and PGx) and I still have access to his house where he runs his company. I want the comic book world to know what he is doing and what he is allowing others to use his company for."

That is freakin hardcore!!!! She is pizzzzzzzzzed!!

She may be pizzed, I just hope she's for real and can prove it. :wishluck:

This hobby has a lot of drama considering it is just comics. :shrug:

momma32's post has two disturbing statements.

That a grader can take books home to grade allowing him ample opportunity to swap/steal books. This statement also suggests that books are sometimes graded by only one grader.

Perhaps even more disturbing is that the grader is allowed to grade and encase his own books. A huge conflict of interest and a licence to defraud collectors. Any interior defect like a missing centerfold, severe tanning or a cut out Marvel Value stamp on a Hulk 181 is pure gold.

This hobby has a lot of drama considering it is just comics. :shrug:

momma32's post has two disturbing statements.

That a grader can take books home to grade allowing him ample opportunity to swap/steal books. This statement also suggests that books are sometimes graded by only one grader.

Perhaps even more disturbing is that the grader is allowed to grade and encase his own books. A huge conflict of interest and a licence to defraud collectors. Any interior defect like a missing centerfold, severe tanning or a cut out Marvel Value stamp on a Hulk 181 is pure gold.

Both points were educated accusations by people on these boards, and denied by PGX.

what the HELL is this?

PGX signature series

They've been doing this for some time now.

One known seller on Ebay that had an agreement with Daniel for better grades had his Conan 1-21 "witnessed" and then sold the set a long while back.

sbjstuff

CONAN #1-21 PGX Signature Ed. Roy Thomas 25 books!!!

Item 290250782901

8/9/2008

sbjstuff is one of many e-Bay accounts used by Ryan Elliott. Someone mentioned this to me a few years ago, I contacted the seller who said a friend in Eugene had the books but could hand deliver it to me. The person's name? Ryan.

Assuming she is the person alleged in her posts, I take a non-confidentiality (NDA) was never drawn up. The "truth" post is heavy handed, even for a whistleblower.

Daniel grades comics in his bedroom while playing online poker. I'll guess a NDA wasn't on his "to do" list.

what the HELL is this?

PGX signature series

They've been doing this for some time now.

One known seller on Ebay that had an agreement with Daniel for better grades had his Conan 1-21 "witnessed" and then sold the set a long while back.

sbjstuff

CONAN #1-21 PGX Signature Ed. Roy Thomas 25 books!!!

Item 290250782901

8/9/2008

sbjstuff is one of many e-Bay accounts used by Ryan Elliott. Someone mentioned this to me a few years ago, I contacted the seller who said a friend in Eugene had the books but could hand deliver it to me. The person's name? Ryan.

I wasn't active on this forum until after I bought a book from him. Then I read a thread later stating that username. I have never felt so sick over buying a book.

I constantly toy with the idea of sending it into CGC and seeing what comes back.

:eek:

Assuming she is the person alleged in her posts, I take a non-confidentiality (NDA) was never drawn up. The "truth" post is heavy handed, even for a whistleblower.

Daniel grades comics in his bedroom while playing online poker. I'll guess a NDA wasn't on his "to do" list.

Someone put in a call to Flea-Marquette.... :) I need a visual.

I hear you. But angry/disgruntled employees have a tendency to embellish. I guess I was thinking that with the heat they got from the get-go - everything from their name right through to the likeness of their holder/well, and the equipment used to produce a slab - you'd think he would have learned something about protecting his interests. Even to a lesser degree, the point of making sure a disgruntled employee wouldn't attempt to replicate the operation, or worse, fuel to feed the collecting communities suspicions about PGX.

I hear you. But angry/disgruntled employees have a tendency to embellish. I guess I was thinking that with the heat they got from the get-go - everything from their name right through to the likeness of their holder/well, and the equipment used to produce a slab - you'd think he would have learned something about protecting his interests. Even to a lesser degree, the point of making sure a disgruntled employee wouldn't attempt to replicate the operation, or worse, fuel to feed the collecting communities suspicions about PGX.

So you're saying that she's embellishing because he really grades comics in his kitchen while playing Farmville?

So you're saying that she's embellishing because he really grades comics in his kitchen while playing Farmville?

I'm not going to speculate, but we are talking about a person behind a keyboard. The embellishment/exaggeration factor goes hand-in-hand with any disgruntled opinion or public venting.

Besides, do you know for sure that she is who she says she is?

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

:eek: No kidding! :ohnoez:

danny boy sounds like a cheapskate. hm:roflmao:

Deja Vu.....This isn't the only "Danny" to get ratted out by a chick. hm

Remember Dupcak's alleged ex did the same thing a while back here and on the Comics Corral site?

Ryan Elliott's latest e-Bay account is vondoom Caveat emptor.

Here's an interesting 2004 "Ryan Elliott" thread: Is ebay userId barksducksuo=Donovan Elliot (restoration professional from CGG)??

WOW. So Ryan Elliot used to sell early DCs with the wrong covers on them. Anyone else think like me that he may have taken the covers off these comics, married them to unrelated interiors, encapsulated the married books into PGX Universal slabs, and sold them as high grade unrestored early DCs?

Bob, one of the big time war guys (Shep, Andy Greenham etc.) I can't remember which one, got burned on that scam a couple of years ago and blew the lid off the scam. The scammer was marrying remaindered/half-cover/no cover books with those beautiful covers and grading them 9.4+ even though the interior pages were wrecked. There is a big thread on it somewhere. IIRC, there was a huge tear on one of the interior pages when the slab was opened.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2381928&fpart=1

yep, youse gots a good memory. Please read my sad story by clicking the link. Unfortunately, I never did try to get compensation from PGX. :(

Andy

This thread.. Not so interesting. PGX being krap isnt exactly breaking news..

There hasn't been a good PGX thread in years. They used to be more entertaining than pressing threads.