• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Morning Glories Thread

350 posts in this topic

So is this book actually good? I missed the 1st issue sales hype, and the story seemed really cliched (A boarding school for 'special' students? Really?) but now it's been over a year and the book is still going, prices are still strong (though price =/= quality) and it seems to have a devoted following. The art looks nice but several books do that aren't worth reading a page of.

All this is in aid of deciding what to do tomorrow. A hardcover edition is coming out collecting the first 12 issues and Joe Eisma is just coincidentally doing a signing at my LCS (Austin Books). Is it worth getting this book? Or is it all hat and no cattle?

I think the next trade is due in June which covers 13-19. It's pretty much back on a monthly schedule now (maybe 5-6 weeks) but each recent issue has been about 32 pages of story.

That TPB is going to be well worth it.

does the cover differ from the 1st and 2nd print, I saw it at my LCS but didnt know if it was 1st print or not

Yes I believe it does. I know this thread is a bit old but they are into the 3rd printing now. At least that is what I read somewhere.

Ive switched to the TPBs due to schedule of book and I tell you what. I havent been this lost in a book in a long time. I have to re-read to understand what the writer is doing here and several issues at the end of just left me stunned.

Anyone else feel this way? Its seems nothing ties up and at 20+ issues I still dont know about the birthdays and the school. Although I am only thur TPB 3 currently.

Ive switched to the TPBs due to schedule of book and I tell you what. I havent been this lost in a book in a long time. I have to re-read to understand what the writer is doing here and several issues at the end of just left me stunned.

Anyone else feel this way? Its seems nothing ties up and at 20+ issues I still dont know about the birthdays and the school. Although I am only thur TPB 3 currently.

Couldn't agree more ... I have no idea who the good guys are or who the bad guys are when the story is being told in the past, present, future who the characters are or really much of anything until I'm almost done with the issue and then another book doesn't come out on time and I have no idea what's going on again. I have no intention of re-reading the series at this point. If someone would post a plot summary with some insights into what they anticipate will happen, I'd be very appreciative.

MG 15 - January 18

MG 16 - February 22

MG 17 - March 28

MG 18 - May 9

MG 19 - June 6

MG 20 - July 4

Some of those issues had 28-30 pages of story as well. Looks like it's back on a monthly schedule.

I'll comment more tomorrow, it's getting late.

I keep wanting to give another shot and keep buying more issues but it's now 20 issues in and I still have no idea where exactly its going. Is the point supposed to be the school itself is filled with secrets? Or are the kids like a proto X-Men crew? Are the adults trying to kill them or train them? There's only so far you can actually go with bringing mystery and masking what's really going on before people jsut give up on the book.

The sales have been stable at around 9k copies per issue but that will probably drop if they don't actually give any answers, is erratic printing schedules aren't helping either.

Issue 20 explains what is going on ... if you have issue 20 read up to it and I think you'll be satisfied with the series. I am and I was convinced I was going to have to go back and read every flippin' issue again. lol but I didn't and you won't I promise.

The series reminds me a lot of LOST, which is why I enjoy it so much. When it was first compared as Runaways meets LOST, I was skeptical. Every issue keeps me guessing as more and more questions are asked.

And the death in issue 19 shocked me more than any recent Walking Dead book.

Hopefully, we'll get some in the upcoming Truants arc.

Issue 1 signed is a strong seller

MG 1 SS Dual