• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The end of Daredevil....really...I Mean...are they serious.

69 posts in this topic

You know what bores me? People who butt in to say they "don't buy moderns anymore" in a thread about moderns. No offense to Jeffro and the other fine posters of this community but seriously... rantrant

It's right there with the inevitable "CGC could use some valid competition, but..." phrase that pops up in any PGX discussion. I think of it as "thread herpes."

It's sort of the "My great-grandmother was Cherokee, but we can't prove it" of CGC board cliches.

One of the reasons this Daredevil news (and thread) is valuable (and sad) is precisely because Daredevil was the best written mainstream superhero comic book out there for 90 issues running (Bendis/Brubaker, supported largely by beautiful Maleev art).

It was my primary defense against the "I don't read moderns" crowd because it was a masterpiece, especially given--let's face it--Daredevil is a 2nd tier character.

Those who lionize the Frank Miller run of 25 years ago but haven't tried the superior Bendis/Brubaker run that has made up the bulk of volume two are really missing out.

This just makes the news that the post-Brubaker storyline has jumped the shark and introduced a "reign of the superman" story arc that much more sad.

All I want to know is how many months of Daredevil with a mullet or Daredevil as a cyborg we will have before things are completely back to normal?

I'd say less than a year. I imagine we'll have Matt Murdock back by June 2011 by way of a big cross-over event or Daredevil annual.

I'm sure they will bring him back like everyone else.

And it's NOT the ending of Daredevil, they're just going to reveal who the NEW Man without Fear will be. Which means a new title relaunch.

I would find it fascinating if they didn't relaunch the numbering and just made it "Kraven, Man without Fear number 514" or something like that...haha.

I'm sure they will bring him back like everyone else.

And it's NOT the ending of Daredevil, they're just going to reveal who the NEW Man without Fear will be. Which means a new title relaunch.

I would find it fascinating if they didn't relaunch the numbering and just made it "Kraven, Man without Fear number 514" or something like that...haha.

lol.

i never understood people saying "i don't read moderns." sounds kinda dumb. i can understand not caring about 90's comic books. i can't really remember too many great titles, and it was the worst decade in comics. even when comics finally stop being printed, it'll still be the worst decade in comics.

Yeah, you'd have to be insanetelligent to want to read like Sandman, Preacher, Doom Patrol, Flex Mentallo, Peter David's Incredible Hulk, Bone, The Invisibles, Kingdom Come, Alan Moore's Supreme, JLA, 300, Hellboy, Hellblazer, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Batman: the Long Halloween, Hitman, Lobo, Spectre (v.3), Starman, Marvels, pre-Unity Valiant titles... :eyeroll:

Of course, this is just a quick list off the top of my head that doesn't even mention most independents (which I am less familiar with) or the majority of the big superhero titles.