• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Just in, possible confirm on major character being killed off this season!

There is an almost confirmed certainty that one of the major characters will be killed this season!! There is no mention or hints of whom on when.

"It seems that the explosive exiting of former showrunner Frank Darabont from The Walking Dead has still left some ripples and the aftershock could be the killing off of a major character soon.

TV Line reports that a regular member of the cast wasn’t too happy with the way that Darabont was treated by AMC this summer and they asked for their release from their contract, which was eventually granted by the network. The cast member’s character was then written to be killed off but the actor/actress have now reportedly changed their mind believing they acted a little hastily and want to stick around. Problem is it may now be too late and AMC may very well kill them off anyway now that the idea is there."

T-Dog :wishluck:

It must be one of Darabont's regular actors. Possibly, the actor who plays Dale. He was in Darabont's The Mist, Shawshank Redemption and probably Black Cat Run for all I know. He seems like a very loyal member Frank's acting troupe that contributes to a project's vision. My 2c

T-Dog is here for the long haul. :roflmao:

I'm thinking Dale as well....maybe that is part of the whole Dale and Shane conflict last episode? Maybe their building up something between the two in order to off Dale. I would say Shane but Kirkman seems a little buddy buddy with Jon Berthal.

I think its going to be Dale, hence the show creators setting up Andrea with Shane.

That and it's to awkward when Dale says "T-Dog." Why doesn't anyone call him by his real name?

I say kill off Rick, he seems to be too much of a lil person_without_enough_empathy in the show. Let Shane or Daryl be the alpha dog going forward.

The actress who plays Andrea is also a possibility, from my reasoning above of her working with Darabont on The Mist. Why bite the hand of a guy that can get you meaty roles in actual movies. So, I figure it is definitely Dale or Andrea for sure.

If any of those choices are true, the show will be ruined in my opinion.
Myself, I admire the loyalty to a proven filmmaker if this happens. That's dedication to your craft. What happens to TWD TV show should be equally as interesting if they can pull off a main character's abrupt departure. Remember... "No One Is Safe". :eek:

Really good episode tonight. I thought though I had read it was suppose to be 90 minutes.

I feel kind of dumb now after talking with the father of the actress who played Sophia at Horrorhound a few weeks ago. Before it was confirmed Sophia turned into a walker I had been talking with him about if she was enjoying doing conventions and found out Cincy was like the 3rd one she had done. I also talked with him for a couple minutes about if she was enjoying being on this show and how it was good for her that Sophia is one of the few original long term characters in the comics. He didn't miss a beat with rolling with my questions.

Damn he didn't even make a goofy comment or face when I mentioned that. Madison though did laugh out of nowhere though when he answered how that is a good thing in the comics.

I didn't think much of tonights episode. The ending was okay, it was somewhat predictable, and not terribly exciting. It defiantly was not enough to save it from horribly boring 7 episodes.

That payoff could have easily been in episode three.

It's gone from the best show I watch to the worst in less than 10 episodes.

One thing that is bugging the hell out of me, is how is Carl okay already?

He was shot clean through the chest, and now he is walking around like nothing happened.

He was shot clean through the chest, and now he is walking around like nothing happened.

Only in the movies...can a boy get shot through the chest and feel well enough to target shoot a couple days later.

Edited by WiseGuyX

Only in the movies...can a boy get shot through the chest and feel well enough to target shoot a couple days later.

fixed that for you.

Only in a comic...can a boy get shot through the head and live.

I enjoyed the episode well enough, but I'm kicking myself for having read the spoiler about Sophia before watching it. Rick gets Alpha Dog points for being the only one able to pull the trigger. We're finally getting to the possible end of Shane and the beginning of Rick.

Edited by blutobc

I figured this thread would be on fire. Is everyone still in shock?

Or is everyone just pissed at Yannis still?

Not shock for me, since I read the spoilers someone posted on this thread lol I gotta stop doing that! I just can't help myself.

Liking Shane even more after last night's episode, and even hating Dale that much more as well. Why would you even THINK of hiding the guns? Total bonehead move on Dale's part. He could have put everyone in the camp in danger just because he's pissy at Shane. His drama is becoming too much.

I think this episode did a good job of showing that the world has changed (although we knew that). The old ways of thinking no longer apply, and it's time to adapt to the current enviroment. Shane, Andrea, Daryl, and T-Dog all have for sure.

Rick was on the fence I think. But after putting down Sophie, he proved he can make the hard choices and be a leader in the current situation. Now Herschel and Dale need to evolve. Or die.

I really hope the show doesn't follow the comic (I don't read the series) and I hope it continues to forge its own path. It will keep us ALL guessing, and not knowing what is going to happen next. Just use the comic book more or less as a guideline I say.

Loved it, looks like Shane is starting a alpha-male takeover plot... If Rick doesn't do something to reassert his authority he will be made to look weak. He can't let Shane dictate what the group does..... could this be the beginning of the end for Shane?

Also did you guys notice in the small preview there was a gunbattle between two groups that seemed to be talking to each other? Rick was saying somthing about "not ending well" you dont talk to walkers? So what was that? hm

Edited by Define999

Agreed... just awesome... this show has offically replaced Dexter as the best show on television in my book...

Let's not get crazy now. Love the show and I really want to love the show. No disappointments for me but it's not Dexter. (tsk)

Loved it, looks like Shane is starting a alpha-male takeover plot... If Rick doesn't do something to reassert his authority he will be made to look weak. He can't let Shane dictate what the group does..... could this be the beginning of the end for Shane?

Also did you guys notice in the small preview there was a gunbattle between two groups that seemed to be talking to each other? Rick was saying somthing about "not ending well" you dont talk to walkers? So what was that? hm

I thought that "not ending well" referred to the group's relationship with Herschel.

Dan

I figured this thread would be on fire. Is everyone still in shock?

Or is everyone just pissed at Yannis still?

I am more pissed now..it totally up the episode for me :sorry:

+1

I thought this episode dragged a little and Shane is acting too irrationally. I mean, who does that at the end? He might get himself shot before he lets the zombies out. Dale needs to go and so does Herschel. Not sure why they have to make us hate the characters before they kill them off. It would have much more impact if some good characters died (like Sophie).

Liked Glen and Maggie's scene though.

I thought this episode dragged a little and Shane is acting too irrationally. I mean, who does that at the end? He might get himself shot before he lets the zombies out. Dale needs to go and so does Herschel. Not sure why they have to make us hate the characters before they kill them off. It would have much more impact if some good characters died (like Sophie).

Liked Glen and Maggie's scene though.

well lori told him that even if the baby is his, it will never be his. so i'm sure he went on a FD tirade