• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

HOLY mess THE GOVERNOR IS GOING TO BE EXTRA HATED IF ITS MAGGIE

Is exactly what I was thinking. However, I see it being Meryl who does the dirty work.

It needs to be the Governor. 2c

i agree. i think Meryl will try to break Glenn

It will break Glenn if they do it the same way as the comic, with Glenn in the room next door forced to listen to it happening.

And if they do use Maggie, that was a brillant swerve. Maggie is probably the most popular female on the TV show, so it would totally put the Governor over as the evil Governor from the comic. 2c

Wtf is up with Michonne being ignored by the walkers? The glob of guts that fell in her masking her scent?

yeah same as in the first season with rick and glenn -- remember when they left the building?

Anyone else notice how Merle screwed up in his lie to the Governor?

Yeah, but I think he was in "lalalala, sure whatever okay" mode since he was boning Andrea only minutes before.

By the way, when the prison battle happens, what's Rick and co going to do? Andrea was pretty much the reason they even stood a chance in the comic.

Edited by Phillip

Yeah, but I think he was in "lalalala, sure whatever okay" mode since he was boning Andrea only minutes before.

By the way, when the prison battle happens, what's Rick and co going to do? Andrea was pretty much the reason they even stood a chance in the comic.

Andrea will find out how evil he is when she discovers Glenn and Maggie being held captive. She'll go back to the prison with them. After the Maggie revenge episode.

And Carol's pretty good with a gun.

He noticed. The director gave him a long reaction shot when he paused and watched Merle walk away before reentering his apartment. He gave the "Something doesn't jive with that story" face.

Andrea will find out how evil he is when she discovers Glenn and Maggie being held captive. She'll go back to the prison with them. After the Maggie revenge episode.

And Carol's pretty good with a gun.

I think you're anticipating too short of a Governor story arc ... I imagine that this thing is going on for a couple seasons and if you recall in the comic Rick and Michonne are prisoners and escape and Michonne goes back and cuts the Governor up but doesn't kill him and he attacks the prison multiple times. The Governor may rape and torture Andrea after she objects to Glenn and Maggie being prisoners. I think this story will go on for at least 2 seasons 4 quasi season finales are probably necessary because of the amount of major low points in this story. On the same note, the quick death of Lori during child birth accelerates a lot of the plot points. I'm curious whether the baby will still be killed during the final battle between Rick and the Governor?

You guys are going all spoiler-be-damned tonight. lol

Naw nothing major. I still won't talk about plot points but Merle isn't as smart as he thinks he is.

Episode was bloody brilliant, and I think torturing Maggie is a great deviation from the comic on the producers part. She is the most beloved female on the show, and will make the viewers despise the Governor so much more so.

I don't think Andrea will know they are held captive. That's why in scenes for next week they show the Governor rebuking Andreas advances...he's already exhausted from Maggie. :sorry:

Jim

He noticed. The director gave him a long reaction shot when he paused and watched Merle walk away before reentering his apartment. He gave the "Something doesn't jive with that story" face.

Ah ha. I'll have to pay attention the next time I watch it. He's more perceptive than I thought then!