• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

AMC is a great platform, but the key is that it's more accessible. HBO is huge, but TWD would never come CLOSE to the Nielsen numbers they get on AMC. That means more eyes, more ad money, more product tie-ins, and more readers for his comic. I think it's genius that AMC green lit this, and I think every network is trying to find the next TWD.

Exactly....Cause some people don't have HBO.... :sorry:

HBO total U.S. subscriber base in 2011: 28 million

Variety

The Walking Dead's total viewership this past sunday: 12.4 million

AMC

Unless Kirkman can do something no one has ever done before and pull nearly half of HBO's viewers, AMC is the best thing that's ever happened to him.

Game of Thrones just had their best Season Premiere to DATE!! :acclaim:

...and raked in 4.4 million viewers. :sorry:

AMC is a great platform, but the key is that it's more accessible. HBO is huge, but TWD would never come CLOSE to the Nielsen numbers they get on AMC. That means more eyes, more ad money, more product tie-ins, and more readers for his comic. I think it's genius that AMC green lit this, and I think every network is trying to find the next TWD.

Exactly....Cause some people don't have HBO.... :sorry:

HBO total U.S. subscriber base in 2011: 28 million

Variety

The Walking Dead's total viewership this past sunday: 12.4 million

AMC

Unless Kirkman can do something no one has ever done before and pull nearly half of HBO's viewers, AMC is the best thing that's ever happened to him.

Game of Thrones just had their best Season Premiere to DATE!! :acclaim:

...and raked in 4.4 million viewers. :sorry:

There is a possibility that TWD doesn't make it to Season 3 if it is on HBO.

What people need to remember about HBO and it's viewers : DVDs. The impact of DVD sales can't be undervalued. Family Guy was put back on the air because of DVD sales. The Dave Chappelle Show was so successful on DVD, it got Dave the $50 million dollar deal......

I didn't have HBO originally , but I bought all the Sopranos, Six Feet Under and Deadwood...or I got them on Netflix

What people need to remember about HBO and it's viewers : DVDs. The impact of DVD sales can't be undervalued. Family Guy was put back on the air because of DVD sales. The Dave Chappelle Show was so successful on DVD, it got Dave the $50 million dollar deal......

I didn't have HBO originally , but I bought all the Sopranos, Six Feet Under and Deadwood...or I got them on Netflix

DVD sales are huge.

Chapelle got that deal with a show on basic cable though.

The Walking Dead Seasons do very well on DVD. They are usually in the top 5 of all TV shows in sales.

I think season one's sales alone recouped most of the production costs of the entire season. lol

Season two certainly did, given how the budget for the show was cut.

In terms of marketing and the power to pull in premium advertisers and marketing tie ins, being on AMC has been a match made in heaven for WD.

They are the #1 show on TV, not just cable, ALL of TV in the 18-49 demographic which is the what every advertising is fighting to get to.

They wouldn't have those ratings on HBO because of it being subscription and those ratings metrics would not exist to be used to get this show cross-marketed into every nook and cranny like it is.

So after the governor shot his own people and left where did they go?

Rick easily evaced all of the woodburry citizens, AFTER the Gov gunned down his own.

No one is talking about this.

I am sure it did well in the ratings. Star Wars Episode I did well at the box office because of the hype.

Hype sells a lot, but if the hype stops so does the ratings in future episodes.

I would say more than half the people I am friends with on Facebook were majorly disappointed in the finale from their posts. All of them have never read the comic book series.

:blahblah:

Then stop watching! We get it. You didn't like it. Move on.

Rick easily evaced all of the woodburry citizens, AFTER the Gov gunned down his own.

It was a little like this escape.....

What's to talk about? He couldn't go back, there was nothing to go back to or for.

Jim

Woah, how utterly disappointing and letdown the finale was.

All the build up of a war or fight bwtween two groups of survivors and that's all we get as viewers/fans?

The Governor story just felt like it dropped, there was no conclusion to his story, he kills then he leaves.

Those are my only complaints.

I liked seeing the way Carl took no chances with the fleeing Woobury soldier, and his explanation to Rick.

Glad to see the Prison group fought back the attack, but it seemed too easy. Heck even Maggie's Sister got in a Zombie kill this season.

Hopefully Season 4 is an improvement on the way Season 3 ended.