• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

That pic of Jesus, Glen and the gang doesn't prove anything except they are all shooting on the same day, in the same location, with the same crew. That doesn't mean they will necessarily be in the same scenes, although that's likely.

It's also likely, given their timing, that those are scenes from the second half of this season.

It could be Glen shooting flashback scenes alone, but given what we're seeing I am betting against it.

Maybe we'll see a "Maggie hunts for Glen" subplot that drags on for a while...like the search for Sophia (with hopefully a happier ending).

Only because I fancy myself a creative person, here are my thoughts on a good ending to Glenn's story... (I am assuming he lived through the last episode, somehow).

Glenn gets bit multiple times by walkers but somehow escape the herd. His physical fight with the infection and turning into a walker is coupled with a mix of hallucinations and flashbacks (similar to Tyrese's death). The hallucinations include him making it away from the herd ok without getting bit. He also hallucinates meeting "Jesus" (the physical character from the comic and some religious implications, maybe a white aura around Jesus' head when they meet). The flashbacks include his recent memories with Maggie and learning she is pregnant and they are expecting their first child (from the comic). Both the hallucinations and flashbacks are coupled with Glenn's current struggle in the woods to return to Alexandria. He is "turning" but fights it off, focusing on seeing Maggie one last time.

Note that while in the woods Glenn DOES meet Jesus and this meeting is sold to the TV audience as a hallucination but it actually happens.

Glenn story ends when he arrives at the gates of Alexandria. This arrival is coupled with (and TV edited with) one last hallucination. Glenn slowly walks over a hill and into Maggie's arms, a hallucination of a happy ending with a brief story about how he escaped. In reality, Glenn does arrive at the gates of Alexandria in a much different way. The camera close on his face, and with all his strength and the last bit on humanity left he utters the words "M...M... Mag... Maggie." He then yells "MAGGIE". (his last words are straight from #100 of the comics). Multiple tenants of Alexandria hear him yell including Maggie, but knowing immediately that is it Glenn, she is able to run faster than anyone, fueled by adrenaline, to get to the gate first. She gets to the gates, pulls it open to see her loves fate. The TV viewers see for the first time how bad Glenn's injuries are at the same time Maggie see's him. He is overly bloody and being carried, a motionless rag doll, in the arms of Jesus. He is clinging to life and his wounded are clearly fatal. Jesus hands Glenn to Maggie. Maggie takes Glenn into her arms. He is still alive but barely. They share a glance, they do not speak. Others from Alexandria arrive and are seen reacting, in slow motion behind Maggie. Glenn and Maggie are reunited long enough to for him to die in her arms. Fade to black.

Only because I fancy myself a creative person, here are my thoughts on a good ending to Glenn's story... (I am assuming he lived through the last episode, somehow).

Glenn gets bit multiple times by walkers but somehow escape the herd. His physical fight with the infection and turning into a walker is coupled with a mix of hallucinations and flashbacks (similar to Tyrese's death). The hallucinations include him making it away from the herd ok without getting bit. He also hallucinates meeting "Jesus" (the physical character from the comic and some religious implications, maybe a white aura around Jesus' head when they meet). The flashbacks include his recent memories with Maggie and learning she is pregnant and they are expecting their first child (from the comic). Both the hallucinations and flashbacks are coupled with Glenn's current struggle in the woods to return to Alexandria. He is "turning" but fights it off, focusing on seeing Maggie one last time.

Note that while in the woods Glenn DOES meet Jesus and this meeting is sold to the TV audience as a hallucination but it actually happens.

Glenn story ends when he arrives at the gates of Alexandria. This arrival is coupled with (and TV edited with) one last hallucination. Glenn slowly walks over a hill and into Maggie's arms, a hallucination of a happy ending with a brief story about how he escaped. In reality, Glenn does arrive at the gates of Alexandria in a much different way. The camera close on his face, and with all his strength and the last bit on humanity left he utters the words "M...M... Mag... Maggie." He then yells "MAGGIE". (his last words are straight from #100 of the comics). Multiple tenants of Alexandria hear him yell including Maggie, but knowing immediately that is it Glenn, she is able to run faster than anyone, fueled by adrenaline, to get to the gate first. She gets to the gates, pulls it open to see her loves fate. The TV viewers see for the first time how bad Glenn's injuries are at the same time Maggie see's him. He is overly bloody and being carried, a motionless rag doll, in the arms of Jesus. He is clinging to life and his wounded are clearly fatal. Jesus hands Glenn to Maggie. Maggie takes Glenn into her arms. He is still alive but barely. They share a glance, they do not speak. Others from Alexandria arrive and are seen reacting, in slow motion behind Maggie. Glenn and Maggie are reunited long enough to for him to die in her arms. Fade to black.

I like this considerably more than dying by a dumpster. (thumbs u

I like this considerably more than dying by a dumpster. (thumbs u

And they said the soap opera was dead. lol Who knows maybe we'll see zombie Glen at the gates and Maggie yells out I'll do it myself but before she opens the gates Negan smashes him to a pulp with Lucille..

Edited by natevegas

this was from Comicbookresources.com

Speaking with Variety, Alpert revealed that, even if Glenn (Steven Yeun) does survive, he'll never be the same after that moment. "I feel like, regardless of what happened to Glenn, he paid a tremendous price for having been human to Nicholas, and that, to me, from an emotional point-of-view -- whether or not Glenn is alive or dead or something else -- the Glenn that we knew, the one that believed in the better side of humanity, I think is dead."

Gimple was mum on the subject with TV Line but offered a few hints about Glenn's fate nonetheless, saying, "It was shot the way it was shot and it was edited the way it was edited and that is always deliberate. I spend a lot of time on these cuts, so take that as you will."

What's more, fans won't have to wait long to learn Glenn's fate. "It'll be in the first half of the season," he revealed, "And there are only five episodes left."

Edited by krighton

Why didn't they just get in the dumpster after they figured out they were surrounded?

I don't think he's dead and am not too worried (yet) about shark jumping because, after all, we're still here after **** got half his face shot off in the comics and has rebounded quite nicely.

Edited by Stumptown

Do you know how much a manhole weighs?

( do what you need to with this Hector :roflmao: )

hm

How much it weighs is the least of your worries, the smell that's the real problem

Even worst than the zombie smell?

Maybe Glenn lives, we meet Negan in mid season finale, and Glenn meets Lucille in finale. He may not be dead now, but, it's coming. If he died it'd be one of those hooks that would never be solved in the universe. Nobody could account for his absence or what happened to him. For a show that cares about its followers, that's a move. We need closure.

I just realized that Rick isn't in the picture with Jesus. Is he dead?

Have I just instigated another rumor?

Maybe he was bitten in the hand and turns?

Maybe there was a fuel leak that causes the camper to explode?

Maybe he goes the same way as whatshisname and shoots himself in the head? :devil:

Why didn't they just get in the dumpster after they figured out they were surrounded?

I don't think he's dead and am not too worried (yet) about shark jumping because, after all, we're still here after **** got half his face shot off in the comics and has rebounded quite nicely.

The huge chain and lock on the lid of the dumpster probably had something to do with it.