• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Daryl's death = massive ratings for 3 three shows that lead up to his death.

Jesus being played by an attractive rugged actor = Daryls replacement.

Win-Win for AMC, and Reedus gets to cash in on his higher profile by landing some film roles that are better than Boondock Saints.

Ratings are god.

Deaths are not announced in advance on TWD, so how can any amount of episodes leading to Daryl's death equate to massive ratings? :shrug:

They can't just replace Daryl Dixon with another character/actor who is attractive and rugged, because Daryl's popularity is based on a lot more than that.

I agree with Awax that Daryl Dixon is too much of a cash cow for AMC & TWD right now, so offing him anytime soon wouldn't be a smart play.

Deaths are not announced in advance on TWD, so how can any amount of episodes leading to Daryl's death equate to massive ratings? :shrug:

They can't just replace Daryl Dixon with another character/actor who is attractive and rugged, because Daryl's popularity is based on a lot more than that.

I agree with Awax that Daryl Dixon is too much of a cash cow for AMC & TWD right now, so offing him anytime soon wouldn't be a smart play.

Gee....Daryl being in a place of danger with a few leaks?

You think AMC won't let out a few 'sneak-peeks' a month ahead?

Who said soon? Not me, but mid-season break next year would be a ratings winner.

It's a TV show - Dale, Shane, Andrea and Bob and Tyreese etc etc

Who can forget T-Dog?

They all died and were forgotten within 12 months.

How many posts about Beth are there now - she died 4 episodes ago.

It's a TV show. It will do what it needs to do to keep people watching.

We all know Negan is coming - and he's going to kill someone.

I don't think Kirkman will make it Glenn.

In the spoilers for next week - good to see Abe outside, no doubt taking over the working crew.

We all know what comes next.........

Gee....Daryl being in a place of danger with a few leaks?

You think AMC won't let out a few 'sneak-peeks' a month ahead?

Who said soon? Not me, but mid-season break next year would be a ratings winner.

It's a TV show - Dale, Shane, Andrea and Bob and Tyreese etc etc

Who can forget T-Dog?

They all died and were forgotten within 12 months.

How many posts about Beth are there now - she died 4 episodes ago.

It's a TV show. It will do what it needs to do to keep people watching.

We all know Negan is coming - and he's going to kill someone.

I don't think Kirkman will make it Glenn.

In the spoilers for next week - good to see Abe outside, no doubt taking over the working crew.

We all know what comes next.........

With a show wrapped in so much secrecy, I don't see any leaks coming from AMC or Kirkman and crew.

Not sure if they will kill Daryl, but I think its possible now while before I didn't.

I can also see something happening where maybe he leaves the group for a while or something. Possibly hooks up with Saviors or another group.

When Negan shows up someone big on the show is going to die

Yep!

:applause:

I am still hoping it is Glenn - not because I don't like him (character or actor) but because it really would have a large impact. Not many of the original crew Rick met up with are still alive, and I think the show needs Carol. If not Glenn, then maybe Abraham? I know it's a little early compared to the comic, but his death there wasn't all that big, if you know what I mean.

-slym

I'm predicting Daryl will die while attempting to bring back a pasta maker.

I really think this is the answer! Norman Reedus said "Wow, bring your Kleenex and you'll be screaming at your television" when discussing the season finale.

I think that Daryl will start to finally let down his guard and let these people in and want to show that he cares. In the season finale, he dies bringing the woman a pasta maker.

You figure, it's gotta be:

1) Daryl dies

2) Glenn dies

3) Abraham dies

4) Carl loses his eye

I think it's too soon for #2. It could be #3. I think #4 would be more shocking than cause for "bring[ing] your Kleenex."

I think Daryl was hinting that - he's a goner. :eek:

I think the W is for Wolves, Which is the name of the group that raided that town and cut off the heads earlier in the season. "Wolves Not Far" spray painted on the wall. It's likely the Scavengers group from the comic.

Edited by Rip

Yeah, there have been many Wolves-related bits shown in the background... but carved into a zombie's head?

:o

Was this done while the person was alive, or was this thing set loose?

(thumbs u

-slym

Yeah, there have been many Wolves-related bits shown in the background... but carved into a zombie's head?

:o

Was this done while the person was alive, or was this thing set loose?

(thumbs u

-slym

Maybe it was a brand. Maybe the group keeps herds of walkers... :shrug:

That, or they are super messed up and branded their prisoners or marked the people they have killed.