• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

I totally knew that guy was gay! He was way too well groomed and well mannered!

He was thin, well-groomed, 30's....

Loved this episode and I'm so glad Rick and the group have made it to Alexandria. I am very excited to see the next couple episodes play out. I am predicting a dramatic, Rick looks in to a mirror and shaves he beard scene in the next ep. Will they attend the Friday night dance/dinner party soon?

I wonder how long the TV show group will call Alexandria home? The rest of season 5 of course. Season 6 and 7? More? The Alexandria story arc lasts a long time in the comics... and it is technically still going.

Has our TWD cast found their home finally?

Edited by mikerb2223

Aaand we now know the "gay issue." (Like it really matters.)

;)

Yes! Matters so little that you created a post about it? (shrug)

Because it was previously brought up, "I wonder of Aaron will be gay in the show?", not in a "Ooh, he's gay!" way.

meh

If you'd like to try and paint me as a homophobe, go ahead. It won't end well for you, though.

-slym (R.I.P., Lawrence)

Loved this episode and I'm so glad Rick and the group have made it to Alexandria. I am very excited to see the next couple episodes play out. I am predicting a dramatic, Rick looks in to a mirror and shaves he beard scene in the next ep. Will they attend the Friday night dance/dinner party soon?

I wonder how long the TV show group will call Alexandria home? The rest of season 5 of course. Season 6 and 7? More? The Alexandria story arc lasts a long time in the comics... and it is technically still going.

Has our TWD cast found their home finally?

Yup. Nice episode. Enough tension to cause interest and and clear development of existing motivation or new for several of them. IMHO when the motivation is there for the characters in the comic or the show then it develops well... Using a trope or device to progress instead then less so. It didn't get dumbed down either with the Survivors having to explain their prior experiences.

feels like the show is at the same crossroads the comic faced and has gone through: No more wandering around scrounging for food and shelter, fighting to survive zombie attacks, and dealing with crazy greedy living people and groups…. now on to re-creating civilization…. (plus Negan eventually, of course).

So many readers have complained about the new direction the book has taken since finding Alexandria, and stopped reading. The rest of us still read on… but, I for one (while still caring about the direction Kirkman takes and want to see more of the new world out there) do feel the new "political" and social reality each arc deals with is a very different book than the first 75 issues of the Waking Dead story. (Take the current storyline dealing with a police and judicial case of did the punishment fit the crime? and a possible assassination of the Mayor.)

So if the TV show follows the book, and viewers are treated to less and less survival, and more and more farming, picnics and community building, I wonder if ratings will slide. Watching survivors rebuild society just isn't as exciting as what has come before and set the show apart from other TV series.

…then again, on TV, no show last forever!

Quite Right.

Most of my friends of all ages that had no idea WD was even a comic who used to love the show all but have viewed the show as getting boring instead of a must see program anymore.

I think we will have 2 more seasons and then it's time to call it quits.

Usually 6-7 seasons is max for a show with initial high ratings. I mean after a while its the actors and actresses who start to say enough is enough.

With this story, it can go with different actors. Either Carl could grow up or maybe if we see a bunch of new characters like in TWD #127, there can be a shift in the crew.

I can see how they'd get 10-11 seasons out of this, anyway.

-slym

With this story, it can go with different actors. Either Carl could grow up or maybe if we see a bunch of new characters like in TWD #127, there can be a shift in the crew.

I can see how they'd get 10-11 seasons out of this, anyway.

-slym

Never say never, but I don't think so.