• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Really great in my opinion... Not many shows make me feel like sticking my hand through the TV and strangling someone.But if I could have punched father Gabriel I would have.Last night's episode brought out a lot of emotions in me.One minute I'm mad, the next minute I'm sad.Then at the end when Carol said we're going to have to kill him..wow she's badass...what a fun ride that one was, the whole episode.

Gabriel's betrayal bothered me too, but I hope the ultimate confrontation with him and the two groups (Rick's and Deanna's) is written intelligently.

Gabriel's claims should be easily shot down. 1) Given how recently he joined the group there's no weight to his claims of everything they've done to survive. 2) Given that Rick's group is traveling with two helpless people (Gabriel and Eugene), and continued to protect them belies the Gabriel's claim that they are evil. 3) Gabriel's own past is the "unspeakable thing" that was perpetrated in the name of survival.

The wild card is the loss of Deanna's son. That combined with her fear of the new group's influence, and Gabriel's betrayal will probably be the central plot device of the last couple of episodes this season...along with Dr. Wifebeater's ultimate comeuppance.

It still boggles my mind how anyone could expect more from this show. 5 years and it still feels like it's getting better. I had to buy more floppies. lol

They could have done all this by season 3. The farm season drug on and the governor season drug on.

Seems like they are killing people off in absurd ways. Now walkers can walk silently (Tyreese) and the way Noah went out. They should have been smarter than that.

Really great in my opinion... Not many shows make me feel like sticking my hand through the TV and strangling someone.But if I could have punched father Gabriel I would have.Last night's episode brought out a lot of emotions in me.One minute I'm mad, the next minute I'm sad.Then at the end when Carol said we're going to have to kill him..wow she's badass...what a fun ride that one was, the whole episode.
Kirkman and crew did a great job of casting Seth Gilliam in the role of Father Gabrial. His previous portrayals of characters on Oz and The Wire have made me want to reach into my television and strangle him. I don't know what it is, but he does a great job of conjuring a special kind of hatred.

Gabriel's betrayal bothered me too, but I hope the ultimate confrontation with him and the two groups (Rick's and Deanna's) is written intelligently.

Gabriel's claims should be easily shot down. 1) Given how recently he joined the group there's no weight to his claims of everything they've done to survive. 2) Given that Rick's group is traveling with two helpless people (Gabriel and Eugene), and continued to protect them belies the Gabriel's claim that they are evil. 3) Gabriel's own past is the "unspeakable thing" that was perpetrated in the name of survival.

The wild card is the loss of Deanna's son. That combined with her fear of the new group's influence, and Gabriel's betrayal will probably be the central plot device of the last couple of episodes this season...along with Dr. Wifebeater's ultimate comeuppance.

They have been watching them for a while also. They heard/ saw what they do.

Great episode. Seemed a little more graphic than any shown previously?

Also noticed a 4 letter word dropped last week.

Maybe AMC are pushing the boundaries before next season, and potentially Negan?

I'd welcome Lori flash-back scenes every week if someone would just stake friggin Gabriel in the face. Twice.

So Norman Redus will be appearing on the season finale of "The Talking Dead"... any chance he dies in the series finale of the show?

When you think about it... it might be a good trick. Just tell everyone that he is going to be on the show and no one will EVER think he is going to die since he was announced as a guest versus "surprise cast member."

It still boggles my mind how anyone could expect more from this show. 5 years and it still feels like it's getting better. I had to buy more floppies. lol

They could have done all this by season 3. The farm season drug on and the governor season drug on.

Seems like they are killing people off in absurd ways. Now walkers can walk silently (Tyreese) and the way Noah went out. They should have been smarter than that.

It's not an action show. It's a drama. The character development is top notch.

Well said sir... going too fast would make this a show not as appealing. Eventually there will be episodes without walkers just like a couple issues of the comics had no walkers. Action all the time gets boring fast... look at the last Hobbit movie.

Edited by mikerb2223

Thank God for the deaths, hopefully that chick with the mullet guy dies too.

Observations:

Too many people in the cast, they left out Michonne, Daryl, Carl, Judith, and that PTSD chick from the episode.

How did the Alexandria people survive this long, they all seem incompetent. They built a wall when the zombie apocalypse was in full swing but years later when there are less zombies they're almost helpless when they go outside, maybe complacency?

Please, stop all dialogue from that mullet dude, he sounds ridiculous.

When getting inside the warehouse and you see zombies holed up in a cage, kill them, they're right there and can't move, sloppy writing.

Shoot ROTC boy and put him out of his misery instead of letting him be eaten to death. Sure let him be bait for the zombies but don't let him suffer. Noah, let that fool suffer.

Abrahams rifle is the weapon to have, shot off around 6-7 magazines worth of ammo with one magazine.

Why does that doctor have to be murdered because Carol thinks he could be an abuser? She tells that kid she's going to possibly kill him by tying him to a tree and now she's going to suggest to kill his dad. hm. Give him cookies, that will make him forget.

Oh and fire that chick that's in charge of the kitchen, anyone can get in there to steal everything.

Good going Gabriel, when Rick and Co first found him they took over his church, threatened to kill him, etc, before they even knew about what he had done to his congregation. He has every right to warn others. He's correct, wherever they go, stuff goes to hell rather quickly, unless it's a ranch.

Other than that good stuff. (thumbs u

When Rick get's Jessie, it makes me realise the zombie apocalypse is a most wonderful thing.

I mean Rick gets to trade up from Lori, to Jessie. Abraham trades up to Rosita. Bob gets Sasha.

Seems like silver linings can be found almost anywhere. :cloud9:

Jim

Observations:

Too many people in the cast, they left out Michonne, Daryl, Carl, Judith, and that PTSD chick from the episode.

Can't be the same people used every episode; gotta keep it interesting.

How did the Alexandria people survive this long, they all seem incompetent. They built a wall when the zombie apocalypse was in full swing but years later when there are less zombies they're almost helpless when they go outside, maybe complacency?

They put up a wall and hid behind it; apparently have lost a lot of people in the process and then mostly hide behind the wall. They're ill prepared to deal with life as it is outside the wall. Yeah, complacency is probably a big part of it and inexperience.

Eugene is the man. My opinion.

When getting inside the warehouse and you see zombies holed up in a cage, kill them, they're right there and can't move, sloppy writing.

Why waste your energy and bullets dealing with trapped walkers that didn't pose a threat? :shrug:

Shoot ROTC boy and put him out of his misery instead of letting him be eaten to death. Sure let him be bait for the zombies but don't let him suffer. Noah, let that fool suffer.

I thought the same thing; they should've put him out of his misery.

Abrahams rifle is the weapon to have, shot off around 6-7 magazines worth of ammo with one magazine.

He borrowed it from Topper Harley. 'Nuff said!

Why does that doctor have to be murdered because Carol thinks he could be an abuser? She tells that kid she's going to possibly kill him by tying him to a tree and now she's going to suggest to kill his dad. hm. Give him cookies, that will make him forget.

Carol was a victim of spousal abuse; she has no sympathy.

Oh and fire that chick that's in charge of the kitchen, anyone can get in there to steal everything.

In a Vince McMahon voice: You're FIRED!

Good going Gabriel, when Rick and Co first found him they took over his church, threatened to kill him, etc, before they even knew about what he had done to his congregation. He has every right to warn others. He's correct, wherever they go, stuff goes to hell rather quickly, unless it's a ranch.

Gabriel stating his feelings about Rick & co. is fine; hopefully he also shared with Deana what he did to his congregation.

When Rick get's Jessie, it makes me realise the zombie apocalypse is a most wonderful thing.

I mean Rick gets to trade up from Lori, to Jessie. Abraham trades up to Rosita. Bob gets Sasha.

Seems like silver linings can be found almost anywhere. :cloud9:

Jim

Abe trades up from who? He's been with Rosita the whole time. But I do think the girl he rescued looks an awful lot like Holly with black short hair. hm

Observations:

:facepalm:

I guess I am the only one that thought Lori was good-looking? I don't think Jessie is a downgrade, but not really an upgrade, either...

-slym

Jessie and Rosita are upgrades for Rick & Abe. Just my humble opinion.

Edited by Sleepindeath

Abe traded up from his Wife...she was terrible looking.

oh yea. :doh: but that's a tv thing.

Well what else would we be talking about, drawn pictures in black and white??? We can't all like drawn freckles like some of our most esteemed members. ;)

Jim

Abe traded up from his Wife...she was terrible looking.

oh yea. :doh: but that's a tv thing.

Well what else would we be talking about, drawn pictures in black and white??? We can't all like drawn freckles like some of our most esteemed members. ;)

Jim

Andrea :cloud9:

+1