• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spiderman 313 Cover - Hammers at $71,200 on Ebay

263 posts in this topic

The McFarlane Amazing #313 cover has now shown up on CAF for all to see...

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=671864&GSub=24972

congrats to Mr. 'sweep the leg', who presumably grew up in the 80's. lol

That's one heck of a collection he added it to.

Who is this guy, Mr. Sweep the Leg

Is he in the Karate Kid movie or just the video ?

Who is this guy, Mr. Sweep the Leg

Is he in the Karate Kid movie or just the video ?

He sunk all his money into opening Cobra-Kai Dojos up and down the west coast, all it took was one Crane-kick to the face and it was all lost.

I hear he made it all back by copyrighting/trademarking the term "Wax On. Wax Off". He still gets $1 every time someone says it.

hm pretty sweet page hm

anybody have any idea what that's worth? I would have thought** 6-10? Ie. the opening bid is top-of-the-range?

** based on my cheerful ignorance and lack of research of this market

I hope you sent him your dollar

Comes out of my paypal automatically. He's really good at this.

What if I just quote someone else saying it?

2c

hm pretty sweet page hm

anybody have any idea what that's worth? I would have thought** 6-10? Ie. the opening bid is top-of-the-range?

I would have thought 3-5k, to be honest. Cool image but no Spidey. Who knows though. The 313 cover could cause a reevaluation of all the art prices. It shouldn't because we can remember that Frank Miller DD cover sold for crazy money and another one sold shorlty after for a relatively modest amount. People will try to push the envelope and use this sale to justify much higher prices.

There were a few lesser McFarlane ASM Spidey pages at the Comic Art Con yesterday that I saw a few dealers trying to make deals on. So that sale has certainly had a ripple effect. Not sure how that will translate to the open market though.

hm pretty sweet page hm

Without Spidey, I would say under $5K for sure. I can't see too many people paying top dollar for a McFarlane Spider-Man page without the main character.

hm pretty sweet page hm

Without Spidey, I would say under $5K for sure. I can't see too many people paying top dollar for a McFarlane Spider-Man page without the main character.

Venom would probably be the one exception, but I tend to agree.

hm pretty sweet page hm

Venom would probably be the one exception, but I tend to agree.

I love villains BUT there would have to be a better image of Green Goblin for this page to really get my attention. You can also find TM Hobgoblin pages in the Spider-Man book but not too many TM Green Goblins. Anyway's I don't buy panel pages but this would be my reasoning of not going all out for a page like this even with no Spidey.

hm pretty sweet page hm

actually, one just sold on ebay maybe 2 weeks ago IIRC- it was a page with Wolverine (from Spider-Man #9 maybe?) but no Spidey. I was checking it out but can't remember what it sold at. Pretty sure it was under 5K though.

That one went for just over 3K, and Spidey WAS also on the page. :gossip:

There were actually 2 pages from that book that were on ebay recently (in the last 3-4 weeks)- the more recent having Spidey and Wolverine (and looked very nice). The one that was up maybe a week prior had just Wolverine, no Spidey. IIRC, bottom panel had Wolverine running (silhouette), middle panel had a shot of just Wolverine's hand, top left panel had a full (fat looking) Wolverine.

I don't remember all the details cause I'm not real big into that series/artist- so it's possible I'm getting some facts messed up

It was the one with Wolverine and Spidey that I saw go for just over 3K on eBay. Didn't see the other one you are refering to, so maybe someone else can confirm how much that one ended at?