• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Favorite Multi-Part Story.

44 posts in this topic

To this day one of my all time favorite stories is the Revenge Of The Sinister Six which was featured in the 1990s Spider-Man title, issues 18-23.

It was just too cool with Doctor Octopus having Adamantium tentacles and wreaking havoc with Vulture, Hobgoblin, Electro, and Mysterio.

I think it was also one of my first stories I ever read that featured heroes teaming up. Keep in mind I started reading comics just a few months earlier with issue 14 of the same title.

18-1.jpg

19-1.jpg20-1.jpg21-1.jpg22-1.jpg23-1.jpg

I think this storyline also gave me my first look at Ghostrider and the Fantastic Four.

Unity

http://www.worldlingo.com/ma/enwiki/en/Unity_(comics)#The_Importance_of_Unity_to_Valiant_Comics

The VALIANT Universe was in full swing and gaining popularity just as the UNITY crossover began. All the VALIANT titles converged, and two new ones were added, in an epic crossover that is a seminal work for the comic book crossover. Unity #0 is the first of 18 chapters and is given out free to readers (a first in the comics industry). The crossover spans all the titles, but it's not necessary for readers to read anything more than the title they are already reading to understand UNITY. Reading all 18 chapters gives even the newest reader a great foothold on the ideas, characters and titles in the VALIANT Universe, and it provides one of the greatest stories told in comics. UNITY has serious and long-lasting effects on the rest of the VALIANT Universe and resulted in a number of big name casualties. Because of the immense preparation undertaken, none of the existing titles storylines are 'put on hold' while the crossover takes place. All the storylines flow seamlessly in and out of UNITY. Doesn't this sound like what you always wanted out of a Marvel or DC crossover? That's what comic fans of the world thought when UNITY was released. The crossover took VALIANT from popular independent to the third major publisher and remains a pinnacle of comic book storytelling

Unity

http://www.worldlingo.com/ma/enwiki/en/Unity_(comics)#The_Importance_of_Unity_to_Valiant_Comics

The VALIANT Universe was in full swing and gaining popularity just as the UNITY crossover began. All the VALIANT titles converged, and two new ones were added, in an epic crossover that is a seminal work for the comic book crossover. Unity #0 is the first of 18 chapters and is given out free to readers (a first in the comics industry). The crossover spans all the titles, but it's not necessary for readers to read anything more than the title they are already reading to understand UNITY. Reading all 18 chapters gives even the newest reader a great foothold on the ideas, characters and titles in the VALIANT Universe, and it provides one of the greatest stories told in comics. UNITY has serious and long-lasting effects on the rest of the VALIANT Universe and resulted in a number of big name casualties. Because of the immense preparation undertaken, none of the existing titles storylines are 'put on hold' while the crossover takes place. All the storylines flow seamlessly in and out of UNITY. Doesn't this sound like what you always wanted out of a Marvel or DC crossover? That's what comic fans of the world thought when UNITY was released. The crossover took VALIANT from popular independent to the third major publisher and remains a pinnacle of comic book storytelling

That guy should have called the doctor when his Valiant boner lasted longer than four hours.

GI Joe: Real American Hero #93 - #96

Snake-Eyes Trilogy (and I include the issue #93 prelude)

Short version is that Snake-Eyes undergoes reconstructive surgery to fix his mangled face. Baroness kidnaps Snake-Eyes believing him responsible for killing her brother many years before and shoots Scarlett in the head to get back at him. By the end of the storyline, it is revealed that Snake-Eyes was not in fact responsible for the Baroness' brother's death.

Great story because it is the beginning of a darker Snake-Eyes that would last until the Ninja-spolsion that would take over GI Joe RAH.

9235441_1.jpg

4198291_1.jpg

4000291_1.jpg

4207481_1.jpg

hmm, maybe I should've asked you guys to elaborate on what the stories were about, for those of us that haven't read them because we're slackers.

Orrr....since you can obtain the originals of all of these stories for $10 or less, why not just read them...?

I know, I'm so mean and condescending.

(thumbs u

hmm, maybe I should've asked you guys to elaborate on what the stories were about, for those of us that haven't read them because we're slackers.

Orrr....since you can obtain the originals of all of these stories for $10 or less, why not just read them...?

(thumbs u

IBTL (:

(thumbs u

I was going to say that out of the entire copper age, his favorite is that story arc???

Jeffro (RMA in training)

(thumbs u

It is a discussion board and I just wanted to spark some discussion. My pick is probably more nostalgia than for the quality of the story.