• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Graded GA Archie Comics in Short Supply

424 posts in this topic

I picked up a #50 at comic-con today. It has a detached centerfold, but it looks like a VG+ around a 5.0 for $50. Nabbed a few others but this felt like the big score. I should scan it so you guys can grade it :)

I don't think the seller knew how high this one is going for right now.

Lucky stiff!!! :) I hit EVERY dealer and no #50! But I did get a few nice books. Plus I have a second copy of #49 on the come as well.

a41.jpg

a45.jpg

a49.jpg

a64.jpg

Agreed! Montana was, IMO THE Golden Age GGA.

Do you have the Archie Complete Dailies 1946-48 book? I've been reading it and it's just awesome--great Montana work :cloud9:

I picked up a copy at a pre-party. It is one sweet book. Thanks for the heads up. I have been a Superman collector for...well forever. Just getting started on the Archies and I have to say it's a lot of fun!

Mitch

Holmes,

I was waiting for you to post. the guy from heroesonline had a good batch of montana's.

I got a 41 from him as well. He told me someone else was looking for the 50 right before me but he couldn't find it. (hopefully it wasn't you). I still couldn't believe it when I saw the 50. I did a double take.

I had just walked past the guy who did poster size images of famous covers and he had #50 in a big display.

I have to get a scanner and show the ones i got.

First time at a comic con. A little overwhelming trying to figure out where to go. I kept walking past the same dealers.

Was cool to hold harvey yee's #1 in my hands though.

Yup it was me :) But I am glad it was one of the guys who got it! I also met the guy who won the 5.0 in the auction. I dod not come away too bad. Bruce is selling me his copy of #50 so I will have one to get me started. Sooner or later I'll get a nice grade copy. To tell you the truth I get more fond of the #49 every time I look at it so I will be looking for higher grades in that as well.

Oh and there are some very nice Laugh and Pep Montana's out there as well. You might want to take a look at cover browser!

www.coverbrowser.com

Im on overdrive on those as well :banana: . I bought a nice pep 82 at comic con, and david alexander has an awesome promotion right now 30% off. He had a laugh 44 in VF condition i snagged right away after I got the email.

I should have kept up with this when I bought my #8 archie 5 years ago. I would have saved myself a lot of money!!!

http://www.cultureandthrills.com/

Place your order between OCT 4-16 and receive a 30% discount. Maximum discount amount is $300. per order but you may order as often as you like during the sale. For example, if your order is for $1000, you only pay $700. Enter the Promo Code Celebrate2010 at check out.

So I found another archie #50 online in VG condition for a similar price. Just wondering what to do with both copies now.

Is the one I got at comic con worth selling since it has the detached centerfold.

Is it worth slabbing the one I just got (which is like a 4.0-5.0)?

Or do I just hold onto them? Is overstreet going to revamp their pricing on these next year.

The price this went for on ebay and what the dealers are selling them for are really out of whack.

glad I could help. Especially since i sniped the one from you at NYCC :whistle: .

I tell you though the one i bought from midtowncomics for $45 was a steal. It looks nicer than the 5.5 #46 i just got on ebay. I gotta send it to get slabbed.

I have to believe some kid was put in charge of putting it on their website and just looked at the guide to see what it goes for.

The one you bought would probably go for 75-100 on ebay.

Well here are some new additions!

First a #50...Thanks Bruce

arch1.JPG

then this really nice copy of Laugh#61

arch2.JPG

and I finally got my #48 CGC7.0!!!

48.jpg

I am really just getting started with GA Archies as I am mostly a silver age Superman guy but I am really enjoying these books. Not just the GGA but reading them is really a hoot! Archie is a timeless sort of character and the books remain very fresh to this day!

Well here are some new additions!

First a #50...Thanks Bruce

arch1.JPG

then this really nice copy of Laugh#61

arch2.JPG

and I finally got my #48 CGC7.0!!!

48.jpg

I am really just getting started with GA Archies as I am mostly a silver age Superman guy but I am really enjoying these books. Not just the GGA but reading them is really a hoot! Archie is a timeless sort of character and the books remain very fresh to this day!

love that Laugh 61 - (thumbs u