• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Graded GA Archie Comics in Short Supply

424 posts in this topic

there is a better quality #50 online for sale.

http://buyingandsellingcomics.com/

I got the book today and it is a SOLID 4.0, maybe even 4.5. He was selling it as a G+ but that was seriously conservative. No spine splits, minimal creasing. Really the worst thing is a blemish over the photo of Archie. I will get around to posting a scan but wanted to thank you for the heads up! Now the quest for a higher grade copy begins!

Mitch

Even the lowest grade readers are great...I paid $3.50 for this one a very long time ago...maybe 20 years+

but who the heck is that shemale gym teacher........B&C catfight in the background :cloud9: :lol:

105658.jpg.5fc315ed4152d34f3736dc0faf483dd5.jpg

105659.jpg.dc74d0427d35fdda04bf4181da681888.jpg

Even the lowest grade readers are great...I paid $3.50 for this one a very long time ago...maybe 20 years+

but who the heck is that shemale gym teacher........B&C catfight in the background :cloud9: :lol:

Those Irv Novick B&V stories are definitely a little different lol

they're too fun, that's why they're not slabbed

Those are sweet books! And I agree that they are a lot of fun to read. I am just gettiung started with GA Archies. My main focus has aways been SA DC comics. I just discovered Bob Montana and I am a huge fan of his work already. And that exposure is leading me to other Archie artists. from the period as well.

I also noticed that there are relatively few high grade copies of those books and even fewer SLABBED. For me CGC is more about preservation than reselling values. My plan is to get low to mid grade copies for reading and 6.5 and up for preservation!

Mitch

I love this stuff! Keep it coming. :grin: It's a refreshing change to look at compared to hero comics.

I feel a litle dirty because I only like the covers with the "good girls". :cloud9:

I'm after a #50 if anyone has one they are willing to part with. :baiting:

I love this stuff! Keep it coming. :grin: It's a refreshing change to look at compared to hero comics.

I feel a litle dirty because I only like the covers with the "good girls". :cloud9:

I'm after a #50 if anyone has one they are willing to part with. :baiting:

archie50-80.jpg

I just picked this one up too...

archie49.jpg

I really like that #49 you got.

Its my favorite one out of that whole time frame of Montana covers. I should have bid on that one as well as the #46 i ended up getting. Next one that comes up in that kind of condition I am going to get.

I want to get at least one high grade archie soon.

Its my favorite one out of that whole time frame of Montana covers. I should have bid on that one as well as the #46 i ended up getting. Next one that comes up in that kind of condition I am going to get.

:whistle:http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3FPreviewCode%3D2010nov%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Darchie%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item%5F865318&id=865318

:whistle:http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3FPreviewCode%3D2010nov%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Darchie%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item%5F865318&id=865318

I know I saw that one. Hopefully I won't have to pay more than the 7.5 went for recently but I think I will have to. Comic Link archie's seem to go for a premium.