• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you buy them . . . or would you pass and smoke crack?

16 posts in this topic

Local seller wants $20/each - would you pull the trigger? Found in garage in Ohio and only the Stange Tales has any rat chews or major defects. I'm going to go take a peak tomorrow and these would be purchased for a quick flip. He is asking about 1/2 VG in guide which may be all I can get for these oldies but goodies. Any pre throughts?

oldcomics-1.jpg

OldComic4.jpg

OldComic3.jpg

oldcomic2.jpg

List of comics are:

1957 Strange Journey Vol 1 NO 1

1957 Dark Shadows Vol 1 NO 1

1957 World of Fantasy Vol 1 NO 10

1958 Strange Tales Vol 1 NO 63

Why different pic on WOF?

This is often somewhat of a flag in my book.

That is strange. It almost looks like it's hanging on a wall. They do look really shiny for 1950's books. He did mention some VERY slight water stains which may throw the whole deal out the window. Would the rat chew drop the grade to GD from an otherwise FN book or would it drop to the FR level?

Yea - I was on the fence with taking a lunch hour to go look at them but maybe I can get him to lower his price if they are a little rougher than shown. Thanks guys. I'll post some scans when I get them in hand.

Well - I decided to buy but at a much reduced $50 for the set. A little water damage to a corner of the Dark Shadow gave me the leverage to pull off the major steal. My scanner is on the fritz but I'll scan them when the new one comes in and let everyone see these gems. Thanks for the insite and help!