• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brock and Board, Where are we now? An Update........

491 posts in this topic

Hey, did you notice in the large picture you posted the case is cracked on the left?

Head over to his for sale thread. He makes sure to say it's a bad scan, the case is NOT damaged. I have been waiting for the book to pop up for sale again. Who knew it would be here? Lucky me.

You could always post...

:takeit: at $20.50 in his sales thread.

Here is my winning bid:

Avengers 122

Hmmm. Guide prices this out at $30 for 9.4. 20 isn't a bad price, hard to see why he would not accept your bid. Of course, if this guy slabbed this himself, his cost might be more than 20....

Make no difference if he owned the book for $100.00. I won it, we have a contract, per ebay jargon, I have to pay for it, he has to ship it. Plain and simple.

Ebay has reserve options in place to make sure the seller does not let the item go for the wrong price. There was no reserve, winner takes all, real live auction.

Hey, did you notice in the large picture you posted the case is cracked on the left?

Here is the photo off the Ebay listing. Is there a crack on the left like is in the current board picture?

He says in his sales thread it's something from the scanner.

Head over to his for sale thread. He makes sure to say it's a bad scan, the case is NOT damaged. I have been waiting for the book to pop up for sale again. Who knew it would be here? Lucky me.

You could always post...

:signfunny:

You could always post...

:signfunny:

:acclaim: Thank you, I'll be here all morning.

Here is the photo off the Ebay listing. Is there a crack on the left like is in the current board picture?

Something from the scanner? It looks like a crack to the left side.

I wonder if at the end of the Ebay listing he realized it had a crack, and then was concerned if he sent it he'd have to refund the $11 reholder fee (plus shipping)?

If that was the case, then honesty would have been the better way to go.

Make no difference if he owned the book for $100.00. I won it, we have a contract, per ebay jargon, I have to pay for it, he has to ship it. Plain and simple.

No kidding. My point was in regards to his motivation. The closer your winning bid was to his asking price, the lower his motivation would be to renege on the deal.

It's the same book, same everything, label, etc...

get it over with and out them :sumo:

Here it the book on the boards and my winning bid link.

Avengers 122 9.4 OW/W - 60

img035.jpg

Here is my winning bid:

Avengers 122

Seriously, that's a dead ant at top left, and something even more repulsive looking further down....

Something from the scanner? It looks like a crack to the left side.

I wonder if at the end of the Ebay listing he realized it had a crack, and then was concerned if he sent it he'd have to refund the $11 reholder fee (plus shipping)?

If that was the case, then honesty would have been the better way to go.

Looks like a spider leg to me :o

I already posted on his FS thread he should sell it to nochips for what he won it for on eBay.

And yes I realize eBay is separate from the Forums, but he placed the very same book FS here on the Boards. He reneged on a Board member. That makes it fair game IMO :shrug:

this sort of behaviour just makes ebay the lottery/minefield it is today.

the opposite of buyer's remorse it appears to be.

the lame 'little boy cracking out the book' excuse is so transparent.

poor form.

Well, look on the positive side: he didn't shill bid....

Looks like a spider leg to me :o

Bingo. That's my guess. that led me to the WTF comment earlier ... not even an ASM book.

Exactamondo! Which brings me to the next issue, what kind of spider? aaaand, what was the spider doing around the slabs in the frist place....a renegade perhaaaaaaaps......???? hm

I already posted on his FS thread he should sell it to nochips for what he won it for on eBay.

And yes I realize eBay is separate from the Forums, but he placed the very same book FS here on the Boards. He reneged on a Board member. That makes it fair game IMO :shrug:

How silly!

Anyone selling slabbed books on Ebay that is also a forumite can count on running across fellow slabbed book collectors from here. It's a given!

this sort of behaviour just makes ebay the lottery/minefield it is today.

the opposite of buyer's remorse it appears to be.

the lame 'little boy cracking out the book' excuse is so transparent.

poor form.

Well, look on the positive side: he didn't shill bid....

Or look at the negative side: Boardie Behavior-- SUCKS!!!!