• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the PRESSING WARS have officially begun

321 posts in this topic

There's going to be more as Matt will probably start offering it at some point too. Bottom line is that NOD may have things more right than wrong in some respects. Again, I have nothing against pressing and running a legitimate business, but you know, slippery slope and all that.

Thought Matt was already offering it.......................wrong Matt??

I meant on site pressing, so he doesn't do that yet.

Yeah, it used to be enough that there was an IHOP around the corner... :/

The time was 6 o'clock on the Swatch watch

No time to chill, got a date, can't be late

Hey, the girl is gonna press me

Move to the Jacuzzi, ooh, that booty

Smack it up, flip it, rub it down, oh, no

Press me, baby

Press me, baby

Press me, baby

Press me, baby

You can press me in the morning

You can press me in the night

You can press me when you wanna press me

You can press me in the morning

You can press me in the night

You can press me when you wanna do me

I still <3 Bell Biv DeVoe

Who are we talking about?

well off the top of my head, joey, stephen and brent moeshlin offering pressing. I also know of a few guys who do it off the radar and not as full time shops.

Right now, go looking at the dealer part of the marketplace, and examine the carnage.

3 pressing services now available right here on the boards (more available other places), and some people are actually using other peoples pricing structure's against them, and now....

ON SITE PRESSING.

I predict that by next year at this time, there will be at least 2 different companies offering on site pressing services, and quite possibly more than that.

Let's get ready to rumble!!!!!

Seriously though, would the bolded part above be seen as good business practice or not the done thing?

Who are we talking about?

well off the top of my head, joey, stephen and brent moeshlin offering pressing. I also know of a few guys who do it off the radar and not as full time shops.

Right now, go looking at the dealer part of the marketplace, and examine the carnage.

Who's pressing on site?

On site pressing without on site grading is retarded. Why pay a premium for a service were there is a lag time in the ultimate benefit?

I tend to agree. I'm not sure this was thought all the way through. And I'd also like to know what happens if my book is damaged. With the haste and clutter that is likely to occur in on site pressing, I'd like to make sure that my investment is fully protected when in the presser's possession.

3 pressing services now available right here on the boards (more available other places), and some people are actually using other peoples pricing structure's against them, and now....

ON SITE PRESSING.

I predict that by next year at this time, there will be at least 2 different companies offering on site pressing services, and quite possibly more than that.

Let's get ready to rumble!!!!!

One for the money, two to get ready, and three to go! Go Cat Go! :grin:

I tend to agree. I'm not sure this was thought all the way through. And I'd also like to know what happens if my book is damaged. With the haste and clutter that is likely to occur in on site pressing, I'd like to make sure that my investment is fully protected when in the presser's possession.

Do any of the services reimburse damage caused during pressing?

That would be something you would need to ask each entity performing the service. I'm sure they all have different standards and guidelines.

I believe Joey carries insurance and I know for sure Matt does and I'm pretty sure Brent does as well.

If you're a legitimate business, you generally have a plan.

On site pressing without on site grading is retarded. Why pay a premium for a service were there is a lag time in the ultimate benefit?

So what if anything happens to the book, they can fix it onsite !

Actually does any of the Pressing Services, even Matt, insure your books while in their possession, onsite or not ?