• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the PRESSING WARS have officially begun

321 posts in this topic

3 pressing services now available right here on the boards (more available other places), and some people are actually using other peoples pricing structure's against them, and now....

ON SITE PRESSING.

I predict that by next year at this time, there will be at least 2 different companies offering on site pressing services, and quite possibly more than that.

Let's get ready to rumble!!!!!

Seriously though, would the bolded part above be seen as good business practice or not the done thing?

I agree. If you're going to press, you might as well squeeze the presser on price. :kidaround:

I'm sure that no one here would complain about extra info on the label. :whistle:

(and I'm not referring to you here, Doc).

I would. I hate page quality listed on the label. It's should only be listed if it factored in to the received grade. Otherwise, it's non-consequential.

You hate PQ on the label ? Surely you jest. I think it is the most important aspect about the book.

(thumbs u Its not all about the covers

On site pressing without on site grading is retarded. Why pay a premium for a service were there is a lag time in the ultimate benefit?

It actually makes a lot of sense. You are assuming everyone that presses a book gets it CGC'd. That is not the case.

On site pressing without on site grading is retarded. Why pay a premium for a service were there is a lag time in the ultimate benefit?

It actually makes a lot of sense. You are assuming everyone that presses a book gets it CGC'd. That is not the case.

Yeah, there's one in every thousand who's not getting it slabbed.

I just had two theromboid hemmrhoids (sp?) removed today by three female doctors. The 6 beers I've had are not alleviating the pain in my arse. Although, I'd rather have this sharp burning pain in me arse than read another pressing thread, so I think I'll drunk ebay.

Then why triple pay for the service?

Man, the thread is just loaded with bro love. :luhv:

lol

No kidding. This is no pressing (thread) war. :(

This is is a pool party for guys who peed in the public pool and are hoping we all will just keep swimming in it.

I'm calling an "Oh Henry" (tsk)

Yeah, there's one in every thousand who's not getting it slabbed.

It's a little higher than that Nick. Maybe 3 or 4 in every thousand.

So paying $550 for 10 books to be pressed at a local show makes sense to you when you could get those same 10 books pressed by mailing them away for around $150 with shipping to and fro included? You would pay $400 additional to have the same service done because you can pick up the books in person?

For that amount you can fly them down to me in Orlando, spend the day at Disney and then fly back with them the next day.