• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

gator what are the key paratrooper issues i like to know but i have a guide that does not tell me and i can't make since of it at all
send a PM to paratrooper, he is the paratrooper expert lol

How do you define "grail" in the context of comic collecting?
in the context of comic collecting, a "grail" is an issue(s) of a comic that you most desire above all others, and actively hope to obtain

in the context of comic collecting, a "grail" is an issue(s) of a comic that you most desire above all others, and actively hope to obtain

And more accurately, there shouldn't be one on every dealers wall at a comic show either. The original grail wasn't easy to find and it was as scarce as hen's teeth.

And more accurately, there shouldn't be one on every dealers wall at a comic show either. The original grail wasn't easy to find and it was as scarce as hen's teeth.

I am good either way...a grail to each collector is different...it is defined by a myriad of variables... so, just because joe blow has a grail of hulk 181 in cgc 9.0 (available on every dealers wall, for the most part) doesn't make it any less of a grail than say Amazing man 26 to me...it is, what it is...an individuals' most desired comic that presumably can at some point be obtained at some price, if circumstances work to that favor

Dear Gator,

Just out of curiosity, what was the original grail? Also, what are hen's teeth?

Merci,

Chretien

Dear Gator,

Just out of curiosity, what was the original grail? Also, what are hen's teeth?

Merci,

Chretien

Christians believe the original grail or "holy" grail to be the receiving of Holy Communion, or possibly God's Grace...

there is also a celtic version, that is largely discredited by modern interpretation..

at one time, hen's teeth refered to the rarity of an item...however, since scientists and geneticists have successfully grown teeth on a chicken, I guess they ain't all that rare any more lol

now, I personally believe coitus with jessica biel to be the "grail" that most men should strive for...and if one is lucky, she will have hen teeth marks on her posterior lol

What's the most in demand book that is scarce on the market despite high supply -- ie, there is plenty of supply, but it's kept in private collections.

This one probably depends on how you interpret the question and/or speculate on the factors, so whatever your opinion.

Edited by yecul

What's the most in demand book that is scarce on the market despite high supply -- ie, there is plenty of supply, but it's kept in private collections.
that is an excellent question...

golden age wise, my guess is one of them is captain america 46...really no shortage of copies, but they do rarely seem to come up for sale (or stay on someone's available wall long) because collectors do hold onto them...

another one is tec 31...there is a surprisingly large supply, but fairly scarce you see for sale for any length of time

How about Superman #14? hm

Lots of copies, but tough to find because everybody wants a copy of this classic cover!

Edited by lou_fine

How about Superman #14? hm

Lots of copies, but tough to find because everybody wants a copy of this classic cover!

a good book for sure, but supply is relatively available...heck , last year I had 17 copies for sale, and while I tried to buy every copy I could, there were just too many for sale..so, great demand, but plenty of public supply (thumbs u