• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Maybe 45 yards these days

I think the Saints could use you if you are interested

not bad Rick. Bill, with Brees they don't kick FGs lol. Although the the J-E-T-S beat him up a bit last week.

our kicker has missed quite a few FG's this year; Brees has no WRs this year, so the Jimmy Graham well has been dipped into a ton already

The Texans needed a kicker last week :facepalm:

Very impressive though! Maybe the CFL is your calling? Could come hang with us in the great white north.

not bad Rick. Bill, with Brees they don't kick FGs lol. Although the the J-E-T-S beat him up a bit last week.

our kicker has missed quite a few FG's this year; Brees has no WRs this year, so the Jimmy Graham well has been dipped into a ton already

Very impressive though! Maybe the CFL is your calling? Could come hang with us in the great white north.

cfl hm

I tried to walk on at U of F in 1986, but just didn't quite have a "college" leg...

longest FG in HS was 54 yards but we got to kick off the 1/2" block tee...college was off ground and I lost probably 5-8 yards at the time...

could get my kick offs from 40 to end zone though :idea:

I bet Morten Andersen could still hit from 40+! :idea:

Are GA keys in a bubble?

- if yes, when will it burst?

- which keys will come down hardest?

- should this happen, what will be the best strategy to get a ... say Bat1: a) dealer negotiation, b) auction-snipe, c) frankensteined beater assembled out of parts, bits and pieces offered at C-cnect, d) garage-sale, e) overpriced ebay nosebleed-offering, f) alternate POS ...

Thanks...

What is your take on the Young Allies title in terms of collectability amongst ...the various GA titles? Is it a popular title to collect? How are sales in Young Allies?
I liken it to the step brother that everyone picks on...he's part of the family, but honestly won't ever be loved like big brother Cap, etc....sure, there are a few great red skull covers, but I for the life of me, had the darndest time selling them...slow slow and slow is my opinion from a seller stand point...

from a collector standpoint, as mentioned, there are a couple of really cool issues and for timelys, the price is generally very affordable on them....so, kind of a catch 22

cfl hm

I tried to walk on at U of F in 1986, but just didn't quite have a "college" leg...

longest FG in HS was 54 yards but we got to kick off the 1/2" block tee...college was off ground and I lost probably 5-8 yards at the time...

could get my kick offs from 40 to end zone though :idea:

Well even if you miss in the CFL you get bonus points for getting it through the endzone or tackling them in the endzone so just hoof away.

What is your take on the Young Allies title in terms of collectability amongst ...the various GA titles? Is it a popular title to collect? How are sales in Young Allies?
I liken it to the step brother that everyone picks on...he's part of the family, but honestly won't ever be loved like big brother Cap, etc....sure, there are a few great red skull covers, but I for the life of me, had the darndest time selling them...slow slow and slow is my opinion from a seller stand point...

from a collector standpoint, as mentioned, there are a couple of really cool issues and for timelys, the price is generally very affordable on them....so, kind of a catch 22

[font:Times New Roman]Old timers used to dig Young Allies a lot, and YA was apparently a very popular Timely title during the war years.

That said, the market potential for this title has very little upside. It's doubtful that there'll ever be a media tie-in as the concept of mixing the Little Rascals with super kid side-kicks to combat the axis/bad guys just comes across as quaint these days. Also, the racially offensive depiction of one of the Allies may make this title a turn-off for some collectors. My 2c[/font]

[font:Times New Roman]Old timers used to dig Young Allies a lot, and YA was apparently a very popular Timely title during the war years.

That said, the market potential for this title has very little upside. It's doubtful that there'll ever be a media tie-in as the concept of mixing the Little Rascals with super kid side-kicks to combat the axis/bad guys just comes across as quaint these days. Also, the racially offensive depiction of one of the Allies may make this title a turn-off for some collectors. My 2c[/font]

I'm a fan of Young Allies. I think it's a cool little 20 issue run with great art, good stories and fun characters.

ya1_zpsc6cddaa4.jpg

ya5_zps13084cb3.jpg

ya6_zpse4bcdb7d.jpg

ya7_zps8735b986.jpg

ya8_zps4a037995.jpg

ya9_zps609be988.jpg

ya10_zpsa1ac23ec.jpg

ya11_zps877a4b4c.jpg

I'm a fan of Young Allies. I think it's a cool little 20 issue run with great art, good stories and fun characters.

Completely agree, West. It's a nice run and your copies are gorgeous. (thumbs u

No disagreement on art and stories, although the over-the-top depiction of the zoot-suited team mate may limit the appeal of this title for some GA collectors. Of course, everyone's taste is different. I appreciate the fact that this stereotype was common for the era and intended as purely comical, but have to admit it still makes me wince. OTOH, broad ethnic stereotypes used to differentiate allied forces from the savagery of axis foes are perfectly fine.

My impression is that the market for this title just doesn't seem as robust as other Timely books and I don't see any media tie-in potential. (shrug)

[font:Times New Roman]Note: Edited for clarity.[/font]

Gator,

If a guy who asks you for dibs on one of your books for his collection then stops collecting that type of book does the dibs still apply?

Your pal :foryou:

Gator,

If a guy who asks you for dibs on one of your books for his collection then stops collecting that type of book does the dibs still apply?

He's still collecting Centaurs, I've seen it with my own eyes

Gator,

Gator,

When did you start collecting Centaurs again after you stopped the first time and sold all of the ones you had at the time that we talked about the MH AMF?

Gator,

Gator,

When did you start collecting Centaurs again after you stopped the first time and sold all of the ones you had at the time that we talked about the MH AMF?

When he came up here and crashed at my place, just long enough to buy a huge collection of Centaurs again, and make me get up at 4 AM to take his lazy azz to the airport, that's when

Gator,

Gator,

When he came up here and crashed at my place, just long enough to buy a huge collection of Centaurs again, and make me get up at 4 AM to take his lazy azz to the airport, that's when

I've been collecting them the past year plus. Bought a centaur from you in sdcc (the funny pages) and we discussed why I didn't buy the Larson amf because I had just required a copy earlier in the year :o