• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Cap #1 will pass Bat 1 in the next 5 years
it is very close right now
first Joker should always keep Bat 1 slightly ahead of Cap 1, but the margin has tightened.

If you should go for a Big book now would it be Cap1 or Bat1? which has most longterm upside as you see it?

. I swapped my Cap 1 for a Bat 1 two summers ago, but not because the upside was tremendously favoring the Bat 1. I don't think you will be very far off with either book. They have, for the most part, been close in value with more Bat 1s than Cap 1s in total existence. The marvel movies has helped bring Cap more exposure so the gap has closed. Both great books though. :)

Bat 1 or Cap 1

Just get both of them. Problem solved.

I think Batman 1 will always be worth more than Cap 1.

Batman will always be more popular and as has been said numerous times 1st Joker means a lot (as does Catwoman).

I love the iconic Bat 1 cover but imagine if Joker was on the cover somewhere.

Bat 1 or Cap 1

Batman will always be more popular and as has been said numerous times 1st Joker means a lot (as does Catwoman).

would have been great if Kane placed the Joker on the cover, but at least the joker splash page on the interior is fantastic.

first Joker should always keep Bat 1 slightly ahead of Cap 1, but the margin has tightened.

If you should go for a Big book now would it be Cap1 or Bat1? which has most longterm upside as you see it?

. I swapped my Cap 1 for a Bat 1 two summers ago, but not because the upside was tremendously favoring the Bat 1. I don't think you will be very far off with either book. They have, for the most part, been close in value with more Bat 1s than Cap 1s in total existence. The marvel movies has helped bring Cap more exposure so the gap has closed. Both great books though. :)

I don't remember seeing your copy Ben, time to post it again :)

here's your birthday favorite book Bill :)

1AE10CFF-1536-42E0-B831-E301FDD16659_zpsgigajyew.jpg

0FF164C8-18B9-4CA6-A429-77AA843A747F-4694-000002DC562023D5_zps91f3b393.jpg

Hey, that one looks like an easy 3.5 all day long to me.

Harshly graded indeed ...

The comic link Cap1 cgc 8.5 slight P.

Any guesstimate as to (i) pre-restoe grade as well as (ii) approx. amount of dough (ballpark) needed to win it ?

seems like an intersting copy of this book ...

probably vg/fn or better range. Maybe even 7.0 range (depends on the piece a d how big the year seals etc)

30-40k (shrug)

how large a procentage of 8.5 blue label pricing would that be ... 20% (shrug)

Just cant see a dude sinking 40K hard earned cash into a lowly PLOD book.

It is considered inferior right?

And there is no way of knowing have large a chunk was ricepapered / filled in ...

what would 40K get ya in blue label cap1?

why did you swap it? was it your heart or your wallet which drove ya?

(worship) I remember now. I also remember that I am jealous :blush:

Bat 1 or Cap 1

would have been great if Kane placed the Joker on the cover, but at least the joker splash page on the interior is fantastic.

The "first" "really" Joker cover would be Bat 11, - correct?

There is one before (Bat7 ?) but the Joker motive is not "cherry".

With the cover driven cgc-,market this book is one to have ...

certainly eye appeal is pretty good for the grade

why did you swap it? was it your heart or your wallet which drove ya?

I received a strong offer on my Cap 1, and then a few months later ran into the Bat 1.

certainly eye appeal is pretty good for the grade

are there interior "issues" hammering it into 2.0 ?

(worship) I remember now. I also remember that I am jealous :blush:

:foryou: you have owned more bat 1s than me buddy