• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Hi there Gator!

You're obviously The Man on here, what with your very own thread and nearly 350 pages! Wow. Mind if I ask you what the FMV on an All Star 3 would be in a 6-7 range in your opinion? I have a buddy with a copy I'm looking at and I'm new to the GA aspect of collecting so an assist from a dealer's point of view would be much appreciated.

Warm regards, and thank you in advance.

-J.

A 6.0 would be in the 8-9k retail range...maybe 10k

A 6.5 likely 10-12

A 7.0 likely 15k range

Depends on eye appeal and pq etc.

Thanks Gator that's super advice, and very glad I asked. I notice those prices are quite a bit below guide even. I'm taking it that the book is soft right now? PQ OW/W by the way.

-J.

In my opinion GAtor's estimates on All Star 3 are a bit low. But he is The Man around here and I am just A man.

50? You sure? You looked 35 when I saw you at Con lol I was trying to figure out how someone basically my age could afford all those cool books.. (my money was on cougar wife lol, I hear they are crawling all over the place in Florida)

Hi there Gator!

You're obviously The Man on here,

Stop it! :baiting:

It's bad enough he's a strong contender for King of the Boards without giving him any more reason to lord it over us mere mortals. :cry:

contender....CONTENDER?????

I

am

the

KING

bwaawaawaaaa

I thought you were Batman? ???

Someone musta spiked his Coke-Zero. :gossip:

Hi there Gator!

It's bad enough he's a strong contender for King of the Boards without giving him any more reason to lord it over us mere mortals. :cry:

I

am

the

KING

bwaawaawaaaa

I thought it was Diet Cherry DP. hm

Hi there Gator!

You're obviously The Man on here, what with your very own thread and nearly 350 pages! Wow. Mind if I ask you what the FMV on an All Star 3 would be in a 6-7 range in your opinion? I have a buddy with a copy I'm looking at and I'm new to the GA aspect of collecting so an assist from a dealer's point of view would be much appreciated.

Warm regards, and thank you in advance.

-J.

A 6.0 would be in the 8-9k retail range...maybe 10k

A 6.5 likely 10-12

A 7.0 likely 15k range

Depends on eye appeal and pq etc.

Thanks Gator that's super advice, and very glad I asked. I notice those prices are quite a bit below guide even. I'm taking it that the book is soft right now? PQ OW/W by the way.

-J.

In my opinion GAtor's estimates on All Star 3 are a bit low. But he is The Man around here and I am just A man.

I was afraid they might be a bit "high"...

the last 2 cgc 6.0's all star 3's that have sold at auction this year went for 7797 and 8663....

that's about 20% down from previous years sales...since there are not recent 6.5 or 7.0 sales (last 7.0 I saw was 2007 at 18K, so 20% less is how I arrived at 15K current)...I would say the market has dictated, I just relay info (Thumbs u

50? You sure? You looked 35 when I saw you at Con lol I was trying to figure out how someone basically my age could afford all those cool books.. (my money was on cougar wife lol, I hear they are crawling all over the place in Florida)
my wife is about 5 years younger...

Hi there Gator!

I

am

the

KING

bwaawaawaaaa

I thought it was Diet Cherry DP. hm

DP is "yuck"...but coke zero is da bomb!

Wait a second... Ponce de Leon thought the Fountain of Youth was in Florida.... DID YOU FIND IT???

in our kitchen, I am installing a fountain that dispenses coke zero

Hi there Gator!

I

am

the

KING

bwaawaawaaaa

:idea:

Wait a second... Ponce de Leon thought the Fountain of Youth was in Florida.... DID YOU FIND IT???

in our kitchen, I am installing a fountain that dispenses coke zero

GAtor get to work. Heck, you're going 60mph from thread to thread... lol

Hmmm...if I thought I could snag myself a cougar wife to buy me lots of funnybooks, I'd be on the next Greyhound to Sarasota. Nobody over the age of 79, though. A 40-year age difference is my max.

(Listening to Eddie Cantor 78s, playing shuffleboard all day, pretending to share her love for all things John Boles....I could get used to that. :cloud9: )