• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Who wins the Heismann this month?
presumably Winston is way ahead of comp from his on the field accomplishments...I mean, there really isn't even a close 2nd, is there (shrug)
true and then they flop as NFL QBs. I like Bridgewater from Louisville. He won't win it but he's fun to watch.
bridgewater might get drafted high, but he will not be a successful NFL quarterback... at least it is obvious to me he wont

presumably Winston is way ahead of comp from his on the field accomplishments...I mean, there really isn't even a close 2nd, is there (shrug)
true and then they flop as NFL QBs. I like Bridgewater from Louisville. He won't win it but he's fun to watch.
bridgewater might get drafted high, but he will not be a successful NFL quarterback... at least it is obvious to me he wont
what did you think of Russell Wilson before Seattle drafted him?

50/50 in the right offense.

I give teddy 20/80 maybe.

he's in the right offense that's for sure. Is Tebows NFL run done?

Personally I am a fan of Williams winning it out of BC. Ran for over 2000 yards, had 5 200+ games, averaged around 6.5 yards per carry total beast of a back. His knock of course is that he did this for BC and noone pays attention to Boston College lol.

he's in the right offense that's for sure. Is Tebows NFL run done?

Is that a serious question?

Personally I am a fan of Williams winning it out of BC. Ran for over 2000 yards, had 5 200+ games, averaged around 6.5 yards per carry total beast of a back. His knock of course is that he did this for BC and noone pays attention to Boston College lol.

Probably my pick as well - with the FSU quarterback being a freshman and facing a serious legal challenge, it might just be enough to tip the scales against him.

Initial Odds:

-Auburn favored by 1.5 points over Missouri.

-Arizona State favored by 3 points over Stanford.

-Florida State by 29 points over Duke.

Didn't see one listed for Ohio State vs. Michigan State...

rick, your picks?

Probably my pick as well - with the FSU quarterback being a freshman and facing a serious legal challenge, it might just be enough to tip the scales against him.

Initial Odds:

rick, your picks?

Auburn covers

Stanford +3 is a must!

Tough call but FSU - 29

Michigan St will beat OSU (money line bet)

Initial Odds:

rick, your picks?

OSU is a 5.5 pt favorite.

Initial Odds:

rick, your picks?

Mizz will beat Auburn. I think msu can beat osu but they seemed To be charmed.

I think Stanford wins. Fsu will roll duke.

Initial Odds:

rick, your picks?

Mizz will beat Auburn. I think msu can beat osu but they seemed To be charmed.

I think Stanford wins. Fsu will roll duke.

Who is Duke? hm

Who is Duke? hm

Typically a nobody in football. But to be fair, it's amazing how Duke has progressed over the past few years with Coach Cutcliffe. They've really built a solid team with some speed and real talent. Duke's 10 win season is unprecedented in the history of the University.

Are they strong enough to beat FSU? Not a chance. But I think they have a good shot to cover the spread at least.

Hi Gator.

Are you a Florida State basketball fan? They are squaring off against the Golden Gophers at Williams arena right now in the Big 10 ACC challenge. :popcorn: The Gophers finally have a coach we can build on, and with a pedigree to boot. :wishluck:

Fsu is the gators arch rival. No fan at all. But I am a big fan of college bball in general.

Hi Gator,

I bought a CGC 5.5 copy of World's Finest Comics 71 from you at SDCC a couple of years ago at a fair price and I'm very happy with it. Perhaps you remember me from that sale.

Anyway, in the current C-link auction the CGC 8.5 with Cream/OW PQ of Detective Comics 230 (highest graded copy) just closed at $4,100.00. Based on that auction result, what do you think a CGC 8.0 with Off/White PQ of the same book would go for? Do collectors pay more, less, or the same if the book is a half-grade lower but with superior PQ? It is a key book so I was wondering what you thought.

Thanks!

Hi Gator,

I bought a CGC 5.5 copy of World's Finest Comics 71 from you at SDCC a couple of years ago at a fair price and I'm very happy with it. Perhaps you remember me from that sale.

Anyway, in the current C-link auction the CGC 8.5 with Cream/OW PQ of Detective Comics 230 (highest graded copy) just closed at $4,100.00. Based on that auction result, what do you think a CGC 8.0 with Off/White PQ of the same book would go for? Do collectors pay more, less, or the same if the book is a half-grade lower but with superior PQ? It is a key book so I was wondering what you thought.

Thanks!

I think that many times folks will overpay (sometimes dramatically ) to own "highest graded"

A single data point doesn't create FMv and as we have seen many times, outlier results are rarely duplicated.

This same copy sold for 1700 ish just a few years ago. My guess is FMv has increased a bit but not 150%.

Your 8.0 is probably still worth 1500+

And of course I remember you (thumbs u

Hey Gator! Are you a baseball fan? I was listening to MLB on XM this morning on the way to work and heard "Gator from Florida" call in and wondered if it was you!

Also, who would you take (no spread) this Thursday night - Houston @ Jacksonville??? I'm torn and have to pick!

Hey Gator! Are you a baseball fan? I was listening to MLB on XM this morning on the way to work and heard "Gator from Florida" call in and wondered if it was you!

Also, who would you take (no spread) this Thursday night - Houston @ Jacksonville??? I'm torn and have to pick!

yes I am...

Jax is on a roll!