• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2011, July 20-24, San Diego, CA

521 posts in this topic

Figured I would take a shot in the dark and just ask so please PM me if anyone has access to an extra exhibitor/pro type badge for the upcoming convention. Of course I would be more than happy to make a nice contribution to your SDCC fund as well (thumbs u Thanks!

Got my press pass notification via e-mal last week. :cloud9:

Press Pass? How can I rate like you guys? I'm tired of having to buy my tix.....ahead of time.....at the show.......before it sells out.....

Start a podcast about comics. Produce it continuously for a year. SDCC will give you a press pass.

Our 'cast records live at the Con, every day, so we definitely earn them.

Got my press pass notification via e-mal last week. :cloud9:

Press Pass? How can I rate like you guys? I'm tired of having to buy my tix.....ahead of time.....at the show.......before it sells out.....

Start a podcast about comics. Produce it continuously for a year. SDCC will give you a press pass.

Our 'cast records live at the Con, every day, so we definitely earn them.

Live podcasts? Heck yes! Need some commentary, I'm your man!

Here is a article with some registration tips included (I'll take any help I can get, with this).

Comic-Con launches ticket sales Saturday morning

By Lori Weisberg

Thursday, February 3, 2011 at 6 a.m.

Nelvin C. Cepeda / San Diego Union-Tribune

Comic-Con each year draws more than 125,000 attendees to the July convention

TicketLeap tips

You do not need to create an account at any time on TicketLeap in order to buy tickets.

Once you have successfully put tickets in your shopping cart, you have 15 minutes to complete the necessary buyer information as well as first, last name and email address of each badge holder.

Be sure your credit card billing information and each badge holder’s information is accurate.

Make sure you are running the most current version of your web browser. Internet Explorer 9 will not be supported during the purchasing process. In addition, check your browser settings to make sure that JavaScript is enabled

Get ready, get set, click online at 9 a.m. Saturday to purchase coveted badges to this year's Comic-Con.

Organizers, who are girding for an onslaught of ticket buyers, say that one- and four-day badges will be sold only online. The pop culture extravaganza, which will be held July 21-24, typically attracts more than 125,000 attendees.

Twice before, Comic-Con was forced to shut down sales in November following computer glitches and overloaded servers.

Overseeing the Saturday sale will be EPIC (Event Planning International Corp.), and TicketLeap, a seller that is accustomed to handling large volumes of requests. The two companies collaborated with Comic-Con in December on a test sale limited to 1,000 badges.

Ticket buyers, who do not need to create a TicketLeap account before making their online purchase, will click on a link on Comic-Con's registration page that will go live at 9 a.m. A processing fee of $2 will be charged for each badge purchased.

“We learned a great deal from our informational test run in December,” said Comic-Con spokesman David Glanzer. “For that reason Comic-Con will again partner with TicketLeap to fulfill the challenging task of the online registration process.”

TicketLeap tipsYou do not need to create an account at any time on TicketLeap in order to buy tickets.

Once you have successfully put tickets in your shopping cart, you have 15 minutes to complete the necessary buyer information as well as first, last name and email address of each badge holder.

Be sure your credit card billing information and each badge holder’s information is accurate.

Make sure you are running the most current version of your web browser. Internet Explorer 9 will not be supported during the purchasing process. In addition, check your browser settings to make sure that JavaScript is enabled