• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2011, July 20-24, San Diego, CA

521 posts in this topic

Looks like if I don't have to cancel, I'm in the Marriot Marina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (After getting exactly none of my choices last year and winding up on Coronado Island, which, while lovely, was not nearly as convenient as the mythical crow's flight pattern would have you believe, I am super thrilled!)

Are you buy all the toys and T-shirt people?

I dont know. Ive been there once. If your standing in front of the convention center looking at it. Im by the entrance all the way to the right I think.

I was in and out by 9:03 A.M. PST, Hopefully that was quick enough to get a room near the convention. I selected only 5 hotel choices in the following order,

1) Marriott Marina (next door)

2) Hilton Gaslamp

3) Hard Rock Hotel

4) Hilton Bayfront

5) Marriott Gaslamp

:wishluck:

Did SDCC confirm your hotel yet? You booked super-fast online. :wishluck: Or did you get #6 mystery hotel?

Still waiting to hear from them... :wishluck:

Guess you should know by Mar 15/11 at the latest per SDCC website. Good way to tell if they sold out of your deluxe downtown SDCC hotels within 3 minutes of site opening for reservations. At least their site did not crash and giving us (false) hope. :wishluck:

Still waiting to hear from them... :wishluck:

I am as well... I'm surprised you haven't since you filled out the form so early.

Yeah, I am nervously awaiting the details. I would think or at least hope that I would get something close to the top of my list being that I was done so fast...

No. As of now we are at booth 517. Hoping to get moved.

Booth 517 is in A Hall which is the far right side of the Convention Center. It is on the edge of the Gold/Silver Pavillion section. I sure hope you don't have to deliver anything to G Hall which is a days hike from A Hall. lol

Has everyone received the notice with what hotel they got? I was done by 9:03am on the 9th and never received the hotel confirmation... So I just got off the phone with them and it's a good thing I called because I had indeed lucked out and received my first choice (Marriott Marina) but they never sent the time sensitive email to let me know.

Anyway, I guess all is well that ends well because I am stoked to be next door to the convention, it's convenient and a great spot. In previous years I have shared the elevator with Ron Perlman & Stephen Moyer and had the chance to chat it up with Stan Lee, Brian Austin Green & Kaley Cuoco in the hotel lobby. Plus the ocean views are awesome!

Can't wait for SDCC 2011 :whee:

Has everyone received the notice with what hotel they got? I was done by 9:03am on the 9th and never received the hotel confirmation... So I just got off the phone with them and it's a good thing I called because I had indeed lucked out and received my first choice (Marriott Marina) but they never sent the time sensitive email to let me know.

Anyway, I guess all is well that ends well because I am stoked to be next door to the convention, it's convenient and a great spot. In previous years I have shared the elevator with Ron Perlman & Stephen Moyer and had the chance to chat it up with Stan Lee, Brian Austin Green & Kaley Cuoco in the hotel lobby. Plus the ocean views are awesome!

Can't wait for SDCC 2011 :whee:

Still haven't received the email. Can't find the phone number on the website anymore. Do you have it still?