• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What has rang your door bell tonight?

55 posts in this topic

Had a bunch of the typical stuff princesses etc. Not much Star Wars this year. A few superheroes, mainly Spiderman. I wasn't thrilled to see literally dozens of cars and trucks from outside the area dropping off tons of people who don't live around here at all. 90% of the kids either couldn't or wouldn't say Trick or Treat and thank you. Lots of non english speakers this year.

some guy running for state senate stopped at my door.

did you tell him to get the hell out of your restroom stall?

:lol:

Did you kick him and his dad in the nuts?

:roflmao:

Yes, I did the old Monty Python "Yellow Beard" routine.

I pretended to hand him the candy - dropped it - and then when he bent over, I kicked him right off the porch.

KickButt.gif

My son was spiderman and he had a blast last night. So cute watching him knock and say trick or treat (he's 5 years old) .

I also saw other costumes like war machine, hit girl, storm troopers, werewolf, vampires, princess, scream faces, and other costumes like ketchup and mustard bottles. We had lots of kids come to the house. I gave away all our candy before 9pm. It was busy.

This year was back to conventional costumes, both trick-or-treating and at the "school dances" - vampires, zombies, witches, princesses, ninjas, army guys, etc., though my little gal (who has a lot of costume choices) did choose to go as Supergirl.

The weirdest one was when we saw a kid my daughter knows from school, who had (what I thought) was an absolutely killer Edward/Twilight getup (hair coiffed, eye-liner - plus the kid was a dead ringer) and when I complimented him on it, he told me he was a "mad scientist". (shrug)

We had two Darth Vaders, two Supermen, one Spider-Man, a few ninjas, and a few others I couldn't identify. And all the superhero/character trick-or-treaters were little kids (4-6 or so).

My daughter went as a scarecrow -- it was very cute, and God bless my wife for taking the time to put the whole thing together. The downside, of course, is that I'll be picking up straw off the floor until Christmas...

Had a good variety of costumes but only a few little superheros (one Wolvie and one Iron Man).

On an interesting side note, I did get to play Superman for an evening.

Between kids a the door Lou and I would watch bits of a movie when all of a sudden I heard something hit the window. Lou and I looked at each other and she said "I hope that wasn't an egg".

I ran out within about 5 seconds to find a bunch of teens across the street and an egg on our main window.

They must have thought I was a crackpot when I ran across the street in my Superman costume and caught them red handed.

lol

We had over 300 kids at the door. We walk the neighbirhood with our kids, in full costume for the last 4 years. We have one of those great suburban hoods where cars come in from all around to trick or treat.

I was Luigi and the boy was Mario. I think Mario was the top costume in our neighborhood.

My daughter was Princess Peacock, which no one knew so she was a little depressed that no one called her out. The boy and I were always being yelled to!

My wife was a jellyfish which was pretty interesting. Most people had to ask but once they were told thought it was awesome.

In character, I met a little 3 year old dressed as Woody, while walking around. He was fascinated that I wass Luigi and thought I was really him. He and I talked for a while and it put the biggest smile on my face, hidden by the moustache. Moments like that are priceless.

:banana: