• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone know ebay seller bestcomicsintown, are they around here

39 posts in this topic

Anybody know this seller ?

I believe they used to post under a different alias. are they the ones with the large scan in the center of the eBay listing and they always end their books on a Friday nite?

I bought one book (Surfer #4) years ago.

Returned it after some difficulty, because it was overgraded and color touched.

Now I stay away.

His name is Billy and he hates CGC.

I actually found his grading to be pretty good but I only bought from him twice.

Not the most flexible person overall.

I continue to get weekly emails with his auction endings.

Yes, Billy.

It's like, everyone that sells restored books seems to hate CGC.

lol Did you see the guy with all the color touched books at Mid-Ohio? I didn't, but Borock said you could see it from 10 feet away. :ohnoez:

He's actually from the South Bay (near here) I think.

I bought some comics last year from his eBay auctions but I didn't look at them really as I got busy. I'll take a closer look. doh!

He has regular auctions and actually does a great job of emailing reminders.

In my experience buying from him, he undergrades a lot of stuff ( according to the grades the books sent in have received, CGC would tend to agree ) :blush:

This was strictly bronze stuff though.

Yes, Billy.

lol Did you see the guy with all the color touched books at Mid-Ohio? I didn't, but Borock said you could see it from 10 feet away. :ohnoez:

Is that the father/son combo?

If Joeypost flicks on his ultraviolet light in Florida, you can see their books glowing in Ohio.

:eek:

You know, with so many positive experiences it is possible that I just had one bad comic. I know for sure it was overgraded and color touched but maybe he made a mistake.

(shrug)

Just from what I can see in the scans he does tend to over grade a touch.

Oh well, what do I know?

I believe they used to post under a different alias.

yes he did but I can't remember it either

eBay used to show a name change. They've done away with that now?

doh!

http://myworld.ebay.com/bestcomicsintown

doh!

found it

comicguy4

doh!

found it

comicguy4

Yup. That's it.

Yes, Billy.

He was the last dealer on the left of the first row. I actually called him on it.

I first looked at the Cap 100 that he had on the wall. It turned out to be an obvious trim job. I know the Cap's have problems with mis-cuts, but this one had been trimmed. I then pulled a few Spidey's from his "high grade" box and a few books from his wall. Every single one of them had some amount of color touch.

I asked him if he picked them all up from the same guy with nice collection of markers. He asked what I meant and I said that all the books had CT. He actually shrugged it off and said that he didn't consider it CT, it was more of a case of an insufficiently_thoughtful_person not knowing what they were doing. I passed on all his books (shrug)

I think the dealer name he was under was "Mystic Mountain Kennels"

You know, with so many positive experiences it is possible that I just had one bad comic. I know for sure it was overgraded and color touched but maybe he made a mistake.

(shrug)

Oh well, what do I know?

I returned a number of books due to color touch from this seller.

(shrug)

Oh well, what do I know?

I returned a number of books due to color touch from this seller.

Good to know.

(thumbs u

doh!

found it

comicguy4

Yup. That's it.

Yup - that's a chronic color toucher from eBay - got burned on a Silver Surfer 14 from this operation - Fazybones dropped the bad news on me. I did get something out of the experience, in that I thoroughly examine all books when they come in anymore. :sorry:

Yea..i too had to return "color touched" books I won quite a while ago from him.

I don't think his grading was very good either on silver-age,and looking at this listing,i think it confirms that too...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Avengers-4-FN-6-0-1st-Captain-America-App-BV-486-/390259800102?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5add4bf826

ebay doesnt show much now.

in the last weeks they've changed more- for the worse. lots of annoying little things.

now (IIRC) you cant ask questions from a link on the auction page. you have to click on a few extra links. then when you email a seller you have to answer a couple more questions first. also, I dont see the chain of searches (comics, to silver age, to spidey, etc) across the top of the page anymore. thats an extra click now too. the pictures on the searches take longer to upload, cant scroll thru a page within seconds now.

It takes twice the time to get things done there, and once youre used to a certain speed, slowing down is no fun.

my love affair with ebay is dwindling off

It's easy to ask direct questions through the iphone app!

Yea..i too had to return "color touched" books I won quite a while ago from him.

I don't think his grading was very good either on silver-age,and looking at this listing,i think it confirms that too...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Avengers-4-FN-6-0-1st-Captain-America-App-BV-486-/390259800102?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5add4bf826

Has the eye appeal of a 6.5-7.0, has the tech. grade of a 3.5-4.0 or less.