• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone know ebay seller bestcomicsintown, are they around here

39 posts in this topic

Looking at his feedback, I can't help but feel bad for him.... all his Neutrals and his one Neg are because of buyers complaining about shipping prices (completely unwarranted) and one or two about shipping taking two weeks (thats pretty reasonable for shipping time, I'd say).

Yea..i too had to return "color touched" books I won quite a while ago from him.

I don't think his grading was very good either on silver-age,and looking at this listing,i think it confirms that too...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Avengers-4-FN-6-0-1st-Captain-America-App-BV-486-/390259800102?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5add4bf826

Has the eye appeal of a 6.5-7.0, has the tech. grade of a 3.5-4.0 or less.

Ya, if he is grading that Avengers 4 as a 6.0 he is smoking something.

His name is Billy and he hates CGC.

I actually found his grading to be pretty good but I only bought from him twice.

Not the most flexible person overall.

I continue to get weekly emails with his auction endings.

About his emails, is anyone else getting them flagged as containing a virus?

bcit-1.jpg

That's not a virus; it just means your anti-virus software is out of date.

You will be fine; go ahead and open it.

Give me your email address. I will forward bestcomicsintown email to you. :foryou:

Chicken :baiting:

That's not a virus; it just means your anti-virus software is out of date.

You will be fine; go ahead and open it.

Give me your email address. I will forward bestcomicsintown email to you. :foryou:

Chicken :baiting:

Is that Chicken@aol.com or Chicken@hotmail.com ?

Is this guy's last name Chan or Chow or something similar?

Billy Chow, return address on his books is Fremont, CA.

Bought a few moderns from him with no problem, took a chance on a Bronze Age in "NM, 9.0" condition and returned it as it was a VF- at best. Haven't had the pleasure since, can't speak to the resto as the moderns were clean and were for nostalgia purposes only, not submitting. (shrug)

Is this guy's last name Chan or Chow or something similar?

Billy Chow, return address on his books is Fremont, CA.

Bought a few moderns from him with no problem, took a chance on a Bronze Age in "NM, 9.0" condition and returned it as it was a VF- at best. Haven't had the pleasure since, can't speak to the resto as the moderns were clean and were for nostalgia purposes only, not submitting. (shrug)

Ya he's from Freemont CA (just up the road from me); IMO having bought a few things his grading is just ok BUT the older the comic the higher the risk that he will miss the grade and hit the color touch from what I hear.

2c