• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Junky CGC comic sells for a buck fiffy ?

43 posts in this topic

I won this book (Bronze) on eBay along with another that was 13.00 (Silver) He had shipping at 11.00 but wouldnt combine shipping so I was stuck with shipping of 22.00. Both arrived in a Priority Box for 10.70.

I am curious how you would handle feedback in this situation.

David

I'd hit him with negative feedback...sorry.

If he doesn't combine shipping then DON'T COMBINE SHIPPING. Two books in one box is COMBINED shipping.

I had a seller pull that BS on me and I told him if I pay for separate shipping the books better arrive in separate boxes. :sumo:

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

+ 1.

If you pay for two seperate packages, you should've gotten two seperate packages. Let me try to make up for it, and if he doesn't, kill him on the Stars rating for shipping.

I had a similar situation once where I then asked the seller to send my books to two different addresses and got a really REALLY nasty email back...

Made a thread about it back in the olden days...

Draw back the veil of time and read on...

And JiveTurkeyMoFo was giving the exact same advice he is doing now (thumbs u

I get a court email in return telling me that it's clearly stated in each auction that shipping is $6.50. I won two auctions, meaning shipping X2.....

Wow, that sounds... official. I think I would have sent a curt email to begin with and then escalated to a court email as a last resort.

I won this book (Bronze) on eBay along with another that was 13.00 (Silver) He had shipping at 11.00 but wouldnt combine shipping so I was stuck with shipping of 22.00. Both arrived in a Priority Box for 10.70.

I am curious how you would handle feedback in this situation.

David

Still waiting for you to answer:

Did the seller say in his ad that he combines shipping? Probably not, What did he say in response to your question? Something rude?

Can we see the auction ad? Would like to know who the jerk is if he is a jerk.

I would probably give 1 star across the board, and a neg or neutral depending on his actual response to you.

I've had 40-50 instances over the last 12 years where someone refused to combine shipping costs, but combined the shipments anyways.

One of them got me kicked off of eBay the first time (I just refused to pay. 9 comics, $9, S&H $5 x 9 = $45. lol )

I have fought it...and mostly won...every single time. It's a pain in the rear, though. One lady sent me a TTA #59 and #60, refused to combine charges, combined shipping. I hate when people do stuff like that.

Open a paypal dispute and file a claim. He charged you for 2 boxes and sent one. Just state you only received one package. Technically he hasnt completed the second transaction as he doesnt combine shipping.

In the auctions, did it state he doesn't "combine shipping" or he doesn't "combine shipping charges"? If the later, he's technically in the clear. If he stated he doesn't "combine shipping" or stated nothing in the auction, then you should expect two boxes, as well as two shipping charges.

Obviously he's trying to recoup as much of the ebay/paypal fees they can with high shipping on low-cost books that are hard to move.... he has a right to make money off shipping, as it does take his time/effort - but he shouldn't be blatantly screwing people either.

Open a paypal dispute and file a claim. He charged you for 2 boxes and sent one. Just state you only received one package. Technically he hasnt completed the second transaction as he doesnt combine shipping.

In the auctions, did it state he doesn't "combine shipping" or he doesn't "combine shipping charges"? If the later, he's technically in the clear. If he stated he doesn't "combine shipping" or stated nothing in the auction, then you should expect two boxes, as well as two shipping charges.

Obviously he's trying to recoup as much of the ebay/paypal fees they can with high shipping on low-cost books that are hard to move....

:o

You guys with your 7 posts a year fascinate me. ;)

Obviously he's trying to recoup as much of the ebay/paypal fees they can with high shipping on low-cost books that are hard to move....

:o

You guys with your 7 posts a year fascinate me. ;)

I'm trying for 10 this year....got a ways to go. Respect your board elders - my reg date< your reg date, son!

obviously the guy is pertrubed that he sold one cgc book for $1.50 and another for $13 and cannot recoup some of those losses by overcharging by $11 on shipping.

to that i say, start your auctions at 99 cents and that is what you get!

Thanks everyone for your common sense input.

alamocitycomicscollector(253) is the seller and there wasnt anything in the auction listing about combining or not combining shipping. I sent him a message about combining shipping but he said he doesnt. I didnt want anything to happen to the books --Go-Go #8 CGC 7.5 and Isis #1 CGC 9.2-- so I just paid. The Isis comic actually went for 1.80 :insane:

Thanks everyone for your common sense input.

alamocitycomicscollector(253) is the seller and there wasnt anything in the auction listing about combining or not combining shipping. I sent him a message about combining shipping but he said he doesnt. I didnt want anything to happen to the books --Go-Go #8 CGC 7.5 and Isis #1 CGC 9.2-- so I just paid. The Isis comic actually went for 1.80 :insane:

He really screwed you good :(

were i the seller, on the inside i'd probably want to tell you to go F yourself after picking up the books at those prices and then trying to skrew me out of my hard earned shipping profiterring (kindah like when someone gets a book for $1 that guides for $30 and then cries about the grading being a point off), but then common sense would take over and i'd chalk it up to a lesson learned.