• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tony Moore's Walking Dead Post TV Show OA asking prices are....

550 posts in this topic

Because they sure seem to have become dearer with the tv shows success.

Have you ever had anything made into a TV show?

As an artist, I can say that if something I drew were made into a TV show, it would damn well be dear to me, and in order for me to part with it there would have to be a substantial sum offered to me.

So, I say it's 100% heartfelt. It doesn't cost him anything to own it. It's his.

I don't understand why people think the artist doesn't have a right to keep something if he wants to. If you want it, offer stupid money for it, but he doesn't have to sell it.

This is exactly right. They were speaking on Sunday about the page that has the zombie woman and the bicycle, where Rick goes back to mercy kill it. They got a ton of inquiries on that page after the show aired. It was so well done and central to the plot and tracks the OA quite a bit.

Now that that piece has been immortalized in television history (that sounds way more melodramatic than I intended) it seems logical that, as an artist one would want to keep it more, and only stupid money would pry it out of one's hands.

did it sell sean? it's not on the website.

I do not know. If I had to guess, I would say that it likely is NFS.

It was my understanding that these pages has been on the market all along, for much lower prices ?

I don't have a problem with his prices, I have a problem with his comment about how dear they are to him (all of a sudden)

And if they are really that dear to him they would not be for sale in the first place.

As an artist, I can say that if something I drew were made into a TV show, it would damn well be dear to me, and in order for me to part with it there would have to be a substantial sum offered to me.

So, I say it's 100% heartfelt. It doesn't cost him anything to own it. It's his.

I don't understand why people think the artist doesn't have a right to keep something if he wants to. If you want it, offer stupid money for it, but he doesn't have to sell it.

This is exactly right. They were speaking on Sunday about the page that has the zombie woman and the bicycle, where Rick goes back to mercy kill it. They got a ton of inquiries on that page after the show aired. It was so well done and central to the plot and tracks the OA quite a bit.

Now that that piece has been immortalized in television history (that sounds way more melodramatic than I intended) it seems logical that, as an artist one would want to keep it more, and only stupid money would pry it out of one's hands.

Why anyone gets upset because an artist wants to keep something is beyond me.

What pieces do *you*, dear collector, have in your possession? Show me your favorite piece. Now sell it to me at "market price" or I will call you out as a greedy .

(this is me being rhetorical) :gossip:

The point, Steve, is that it wasn't so near and dear to his heart until after the television show was broadcast. Apparently, affection has a price that fluctuates with Nielsen rating popularity.

And that's his right. He owns it. If you want it, pony up.

The point, Steve, is that it wasn't so near and dear to his heart until after the television show was broadcast. Apparently, affection has a price that fluctuates with Nielsen rating popularity.

That's just it. I'm neutral. Never cared for the book or the premise. Never really cared for original art either. Not a big black and white fan. Oh, and anytime you want to purchase my collection at current market value, I'll give you an address to mail the check. :foryou:

That's just it. I'm neutral. Never cared for the book or the premise. Never really cared for original art either. Not a big black and white fan. Oh, and anytime you want to purchase my collection at current market value, I'll give you an address to mail the check. :foryou:

It was rhetorical, you crabby old 'shroom plucker. :makepoint:

What pieces do *you*, dear collector, have in your possession? Show me your favorite piece. Now sell it to me at "market price" or I will call you out as a greedy .

Nice edit. :gossip:

There was no edit. You read it wrong. meh

Sure. Sure, I did. Hey, look! Is that RMA? lol

:baiting:

Right, basically, it's just hypocrisy on his part. And frankly, that's what's so distasteful. It's claiming that he really "loves" it when that's not really true, he just wants to get more money, and while that's not problematic in and of itself, it's a little hard to believe that it's driven by anything else. Instead of saying that it's about his love of the art, just say what it is, I want to get paid more now that it's popular. It's like Clemens or any other athlete who claimed that the reason they left their team was for anything other than the money.

Nobody thinks he's going to relent, and frankly I hope he ends up with getting his wish, stuck with it.

You never listen to me. What the hell did you think I said?

I agree, he can price his carp how ever he wants, it's his carp after all.

But then don't write carp like:

Above all, the fact is, these pages are very dear to me personally, and the price tag is what it takes to get me to allow them to leave my personal possession.

OR, since the success of the TV show, rude collectors who are short on manners and social skills have been pestering the living out of him and this is his way of saying, "Leave us alone. If you REALLY want it. We'll sell it for THIS price."

How many artists are out there today, who aren't the ones truly reaping the reward of the worth of their original art on TODAY's market?

There is no retirement plan in place for comic book artists.

Wow!!! I just emailed Kara for some pricing myself :eek:

Let me just say, I'm thrilled to have what I already own, because I won't be able to afford any new pages.

Time to sell Steve lol

hm I just don't think I can bring myself to do that Deve! :ohnoez:

you should send an offer at 40K to Tony MOORE for your great cover, for what i see i'm sure he 'll jump on it :insane:

I agree, he can price his carp how ever he wants, it's his carp after all.

But then don't write carp like:

Above all, the fact is, these pages are very dear to me personally, and the price tag is what it takes to get me to allow them to leave my personal possession.

OR, since the success of the TV show, rude collectors who are short on manners and social skills have been pestering the living out of him and this is his way of saying, "Leave us alone. If you REALLY want it. We'll sell it for THIS price."

How many artists are out there today, who aren't the ones truly reaping the reward of the worth of their original art on TODAY's market?

No because he was willing to sell it earlier for cheaper prices. If it was really about leave us alone, he never would have offered the pieces for sale in teh first place. It's jacked as a money grab. There's nothing wrong with it, but don't tell me how much you love it.

Does anyone else find it slightly cringe-worthy to have all these personal emails posted in full like this for reasons I am having trouble deciphering.

Was the goal to deride? To embarrass? To ridicule? Can some please tell me what was supposed to me accomplished here?

When you own a piece of property, or more pointedly created the piece of property, I don't see the point of a thread like this to point out that a person named their own price. That's pretty much their exclusive right.

Your options are accept, bargain, barter, or walk away. It's Tony's property. If it were mine I would not be looking for public approval and acceptance in setting my prices either.

You never listen to me. What the hell did you think I said?

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. When did we get married? :signofftopic:

FYI, I was not a potential buyer as i felt they were overpriced to begin with.

In regards to retirement plan. If he feels so dear about his work, he can keep it off the market untill he actually retires.

And as for my social skills: you breath

How's that for social skills....

Does anyone else find it slightly cringe-worthy to have all these personal emails posted in full like this for reasons I am having trouble deciphering.

Was the goal to deride? To embarrass? To ridicule? Can some please tell me what was supposed to me accomplished here?

When you own a piece of property, or more pointedly created the piece of property, I don't see the point of a thread like this to point out that a person named their own price. That's pretty much their exclusive right.

Your options are accept, bargain, barter, or walk away. It's Tony's property. If it were mine I would not be looking for public approval and acceptance in setting my prices either.

Just because it's OA doesn't mean there are any different rules for examination of prices on these boards. We've gone over it a bazillion times on comics.

They have the right to name their own price, we have the right to analyze and criticize it for what it is.

The voice of reason has arrived. My work here is done. :foryou:

Demand is higher temporarily so he wants more money on something that is unique. That doesn't make those pages less dear... It's not like he is independently wealthy... (He could be... I don't know.)

If an artist dies and the prices for his OA go up, would anyone begrudge those circumstances?