• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comic-keys now selling CGC graded comics?

83 posts in this topic

How easy is it to fabricate a CGC holder? I think that first one looks trimmed! 27_laughing.gif

Comic-Keys posted here about a year ago with pictures and detailed descriptions on how to open and reseal a CGC holder. Needless to say the thread was quickly pulled by the mods, but the point was made.

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

FYI, the way he did it could be applied to a CGG holder as well. wink.gif

A year ago CGG only had the sealed flexible holder (which is now the inner well in their hard shell). You mean he found a way to get into the sealed holder and undetectably close it back up?!?!?

The holder appears to be heat sealed all the way around.... I'd like to see that trick confused-smiley-013.gif

A year ago CGG only had the sealed flexible holder (which is now the inner well in their hard shell). You mean he found a way to get into the sealed holder and undetectably close it back up?!?!?

The holder appears to be heat sealed all the way around.... I'd like to see that trick confused-smiley-013.gif

CGC's is sealed, and yes, he found a way. It's no "trick", it's a technique that he obviously spent some time developing. I'm not making this s h i t up. I'm sorry you didn't get to see the thread, but many here did. They can confirm what I'm saying.

How easy is it to fabricate a CGC holder? I think that first one looks trimmed! 27_laughing.gif

Comic-Keys posted here about a year ago with pictures and detailed descriptions on how to open and reseal a CGC holder. Needless to say the thread was quickly pulled by the mods, but the point was made.

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

If theres a will there is away. Look at software cracks and counterfeit money.

I too remember the thread about resealing CGC holders. The technique presented was interesting. I also remember a follow-up statement (I believe, from CGC) mentioning that additional security measures had been added to make resealing more difficult.

With his reputation shot to hell, he is obviously cracking out slabs and replacing them with his restored copies. Soon enough he'll get caught again.

I wouldn't put it past him, he did post a very detailed 'how to' on the boards some time ago on about opening a CGC case withoput any obvious signs of tampering. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Not surprisingly the thread was pulled within 24 hours.

He'll find a way to mess up the CGC system with phoney slabs or something.

893frustrated.gif

It's war you know and CGC is his worse enemy.

They can spot his work!

If he can discredit them it's a victory for him. mad.gif

It might be time for Keys to just get a life! Give it UP dude! Isn't there anything productive you can find to spend your time doing? Leper colony? Animal shelter? Comics For Kids?

Ummmm, I take that last one back.

New to all this and THANK GODDDDD I have nothing invested with this guy. However, I do enjoy the utter demented rage and anger displayed against this nut on a regular basis. Perhaps it is YOU folks who should lighten up a little - this type of hostility ELEVATES an individual such as this far beyond his station. I looked at his books on Ebay, or at least the CGC graded books - the books appeared to match the CGC grade. Or is that all part of "the conspiracy"???????...OHHHHH.....scary stuff.....

Better get Mulder on this Comic-Keys thing right away.... 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

New to all this and THANK GODDDDD I have nothing invested with this guy. However, I do enjoy the utter demented rage and anger displayed against this nut on a regular basis. Perhaps it is YOU folks who should lighten up a little - this type of hostility ELEVATES an individual such as this far beyond his station. I looked at his books on Ebay, or at least the CGC graded books - the books appeared to match the CGC grade. Or is that all part of "the conspiracy"???????...OHHHHH.....scary stuff.....

Better get Mulder on this Comic-Keys thing right away.... 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

sleeping.gif

You're NEW to all of this, did you say? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If you've read all the threads as you implied you'd doubtlessly know that the scans that Dupcak has of his RAW books may not necessarily be accurate. His CGC graded books are not the issue here, and you know it - of course they probably match the assigned grade.

And cheers for the facile, lame comments - I think we're all aware that Keys gets a disproportionate amount of coverage on these boards - but thank you so much for pointing that out to us.

And there is no "conspiracy" as you call it - after so many horror stories don't patronize everyone by claiming that the scam is a mass hallucination. It isn't.

But that wasn't the point of your post, was it? smirk.gif

interesting theorey

If you've read all the threads as you implied you'd doubtlessly know that the scans that Dupcak has of his RAW books may not necessarily be accurate. His CGC graded books are not the issue here, and you know it - of course they probably match the assigned grade.

And cheers for the facile, lame comments - I think we're all aware that Keys gets a disproportionate amount of coverage on these boards - but thank you so much for pointing that out to us.

And there is no "conspiracy" as you call it - after so many horror stories don't patronize everyone by claiming that the scam is a mass hallucination. It isn't.

My points may indeed be facile and obvious, but YOU make the case against this hysterical rage much better than I do...

AND, If you read THIS thread carefully, you'd see it was, in fact, his CGC graded books being questioned, son.

Anyway, reply away....I'm not going to become the new voice for this insufficiently_thoughtful_person on this board...

Apologies to anyone offended....

My points may indeed be facile and obvious, but YOU make the case against this hysterical rage much better than I do...

AND, If you read THIS thread carefully, you'd see it was, in fact, his CGC graded books being questioned, son.

Anyway, reply away....I'm not going to become the new voice for this insufficiently_thoughtful_person on this board...

You lost me there. Although I should point out, I'm not your son. cool.gif

Keeee-rrect....You are not my son, son.

Just trying to say I wasn't tryin to [!@#%^&^] you off.

Anywho....

893frustrated.gif

Keeee-rrect....You are not my son, son.

Just trying to say I wasn't tryin to [!@#%^&^] you off.

Anywho....

893frustrated.gif

In that case,

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!!!!!