• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman 39, Atomic Comics 4, Flash Comics 14

16 posts in this topic

Hello! First time poster, long time lurker. I have a few items I am selling from my personal collection. Moderators, I've read the guidelines and I hope I have this all correct, but please let me know if anything is amiss.

PayPal preferred, money order accepted.

Buyer pays shipping with the carrier of your choice. Insurance required.

I have a decent rating at ebay as bcarter27, but I haven't been active on there since '06- since it stopped being fun!

Please let me know if you have any questions or if the grading seems accurate.

A few Silver Age Marvels coming up in a few days...

Batman 39, CGC 3.5, piece missing from page 9

$260.00

batman-39-front%20%28Custom%29.jpg

Back cover and CGC label pics here.

I'm still trying to figure out a new scanner and the slab is wreaking havoc on it. So, the cloudiness you see in the red area of the front cover is just an artifact, as is the flare on the back cover.

Flash Comics 14, VG/F, soft corner in LRFC, inside cover brown, pages OWL 6 or 7

$800.00

(I love the art for this cover!)

flash%20comics%2014%20front%20cover%20%28Custom%29.jpg

Back cover and page pics here.

Atomic Comics 4, F-, pages OWL 7 or 8

$160.00

atomic%20comics%204%20front%20cover%20%28Custom%29.jpg

Back cover and page pics here.

Sorry for the old page quality system. I'm not quite up on the new CGC designations for page color yet, but OWL 6 or 7 would be on the high side of tan. So, maybe Cream to Off-White in the newer designation? Here is a scan-

Flash Comics 14 page

and here's the scan for the Atomic Comics for comparison of better page quality on the same scanner, probably Light Tan under the new system- Atomic Comics 4 page

I hope the scans are more helpful than my lack of knowledge of CGC page quality. It's hard to learn their system when all of their books are in holders! :)

Sorry for the old page quality system. I'm not quite up on the new CGC designations for page color yet, but OWL 6 or 7 would be on the high side of tan. So, maybe Cream to Off-White in the newer designation? Here is a scan-

Flash Comics 14 page

and here's the scan for the Atomic Comics for comparison of better page quality on the same scanner, probably Light Tan under the new system- Atomic Comics 4 page

I hope the scans are more helpful than my lack of knowledge of CGC page quality. It's hard to learn their system when all of their books are in holders! :)

If it doesn't sell then get it slabbed (As a raw buyer I can't believe I just said that :o ) and you will have a good example of what their PQ is

Ugh, my email preferences on PM's were turned off.

I think I just figured out how to get emails on threads you create- you have to add them to your Watch List manually, correct? Sorry, folks. Just getting the hang of this board.