• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you check your grades online?

159 posts in this topic

Just wondering what most of you guys do when you get your books graded. Do you check the grades online once they become available or wait until the comics come back and be surprised?

Personally, i dont think i'm going to check my grades online. I would rather wait and see once they are in hand. It's kind of like christmas when you were a kid. Opening the box and not knowing if it was the cool toy you really, really wanted or if it was just a box with a new pair of dress shoes and socks!

since I am cheap and only submit the slowest method that can takes up to 3 months to get back from CGC, I do check for my grades online when they are available. Even when they are graded, it can take up to month or longer from the time they are graded until they are encapsulated.

I have to admit I do check. And lately I've been getting a bit irritated because I have a signature series book from the Stan Lee private signing that has just been "verified" for almost a month now and definitely a full 2 weeks after the book was signed (on a 20 day fast track Economy sub), and I have another invoice that is nearly a week old that has no line item information yet. I'm getting antsy!

I have to admit I do check. And lately I've been getting a bit irritated because I have a signature series book from the Stan Lee private signing that has just been "verified" for almost a month now and definitely a full 2 weeks after the book was signed (on a 20 day fast track Economy sub), and I have another invoice that is nearly a week old that has no line item information yet. I'm getting antsy!

I think they just started grading these late last week. I have a couple in the standard Tier and mine is now graded. I would assume they are going in Tier order so you should be graded shortly.

My X-men 1 i sent in, i dont plan to check. It's a walkthru so i should have it back by the end of the week anyways so it should be easy to not check early. I definitely want the surprise of opening the box and seeing the grade on that one.

My 3 free coupon books i sent in a few weeks ago, i wasnt planning on checking because i wanted the surprise. I have a pretty key BA book in those 3 that has definite 9.9 or 10.0 potential so i wanted to be surprised. Unfortunately, i found out that one of the other books is a robojo book so i'm VERY worried that it could be restored so those i will have to check early and ruin the surprise on my 10.0 potential book!

I have a pretty key BA book in those 3 that has definite 9.9 or 10.0 potential so i wanted to be surprised.

hm

I can see some disappointment brewing.

I'm sure i missed something that will knock it down to a 9.8 or maybe even 9.6 but in hand, its the nicest looking comic i have even counting the modern stuff in my collection. All 4 corners front and back are sharp as razors and not a single ding on the spine. I've had it for almost 20 years now and the 2 LCS owners that have seen it, both agree that it has 10.0 potential.

Problem is, i have NEVER even opened it up to do a page check or count. It was so perfect without a single ding, i've always been afraid to even touch it so who knows what may be going on inside. Outside though, nicest book i own without question and not a single visible flaw.

We'll see, CGC has had it since 11/03 so i probably have about another month to wait.

Trust me, i'm not expecting a 9.9 or 10.0 so there wont be any disappointment.

I learned that lesson with my 1st submission 8 years ago. A silver Surfer #4 that i thought would be 9.2-9.4 came back 8.5 and 2 Iron Man #3's and 2 #4's that i thought would be 9.8-9.9 came back 3 9.6's and a 9.4 so i know not to get my hopes up anymore.

This one is MUCH nicer than any of those 9.6's though so we'll see. I'll be more than happy with a 9.6 or 9.8 but nothing wrong with dreaming.

I've only submitted 6 books so far(getting ready in the next month to submit over twice that many)and of those 6 only one was a surprise in a bad way. The good thing though about that? Learned something from that one I did.

Good luck to you on that 9.9/10.0 hunt. (thumbs u

My X-men 1 i sent in, i dont plan to check. It's a walkthru so i should have it back by the end of the week anyways so it should be easy to not check early. I definitely want the surprise of opening the box and seeing the grade on that one.

My 3 free coupon books i sent in a few weeks ago, i wasnt planning on checking because i wanted the surprise. I have a pretty key BA book in those 3 that has definite 9.9 or 10.0 potential so i wanted to be surprised. Unfortunately, i found out that one of the other books is a robojo book so i'm VERY worried that it could be restored so those i will have to check early and ruin the surprise on my 10.0 potential book!

Whats wrong with Robojo? I assume you mean Robojo33 on E-Bay? I just got a Batman #20 from him TODAY.

Whats wrong with Robojo? I assume you mean Robojo33 on E-Bay? I just got a Batman #20 from him TODAY.

:eek:

Do what i did. Get your book slabbed ASAP and cross your fingers and PRAY that it isnt restored and was just overgraded!!!

Actually, if you just got it today, send it back and get a refund immediately! If half the things about him i've read are true, nothing good can come from that Batman 20 sale!