• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you check your grades online?

159 posts in this topic

My X-men 1 i sent in, i dont plan to check. It's a walkthru so i should have it back by the end of the week anyways so it should be easy to not check early. I definitely want the surprise of opening the box and seeing the grade on that one.

My 3 free coupon books i sent in a few weeks ago, i wasnt planning on checking because i wanted the surprise. I have a pretty key BA book in those 3 that has definite 9.9 or 10.0 potential so i wanted to be surprised. Unfortunately, i found out that one of the other books is a robojo book so i'm VERY worried that it could be restored so those i will have to check early and ruin the surprise on my 10.0 potential book!

Whats wrong with Robojo? I assume you mean Robojo33 on E-Bay? I just got a Batman #20 from him TODAY.

:signfunny:

Oh boy..here we go....

My X-men 1 i sent in, i dont plan to check. It's a walkthru so i should have it back by the end of the week anyways so it should be easy to not check early. I definitely want the surprise of opening the box and seeing the grade on that one.

My 3 free coupon books i sent in a few weeks ago, i wasnt planning on checking because i wanted the surprise. I have a pretty key BA book in those 3 that has definite 9.9 or 10.0 potential so i wanted to be surprised. Unfortunately, i found out that one of the other books is a robojo book so i'm VERY worried that it could be restored so those i will have to check early and ruin the surprise on my 10.0 potential book!

Whats wrong with Robojo? I assume you mean Robojo33 on E-Bay? I just got a Batman #20 from him TODAY.

Oh boy..here we go....

Why doesn't anybody do a simple Google search to see who they're buying from? doh!

I just sent in my 11 best condition comics. They should be at CGC's door step today. Among those is a perfect Uncanny X-Men #142 and ASM #238. I cannot find a flaw on either of them. The ASM was part of a warehouse find. I hope this guy did not send in 100 of them to be graded like he did with X-Men #137. He single handedly flooded the market mith 9.6 - 9.8 copies of that book.

Anyways, I will not be disappointed if it comes back as a 9.6. But, I will not be surprised if it is the first 10.0 on the census either. Wish me luck.

lol

yes

it is my 3rd submission, but I have not received the first two back yet. I know what you are going to say, but I am comparing my slew of 9.6's I have bought already slabbed, each one bearing 1 flaw that I can find through the encapsulation.

lol

yes

it is my 3rd submission, but I have not received the first two back yet. I know what you are going to say, but I am comparing my slew of 9.6's I have bought already slabbed, each one bearing 1 flaw that I can find through the encapsulation.

Keep us updated on your submission results. Sometimes the first submission can be a learning experience.

9.8 copies of books with no value

If you can point me in the direction of said books, 9.8 books worth absolutely nothing, that we be even more brilliant.

Oh boy..here we go....

Why doesn't anybody do a simple Google search to see who they're buying from? doh!

My book wasn't high grade or expensive enough to get crazy googling everything. I did a search here and only this thread and the the E-Bay...Fail thread came up, but since this book was advertised as a 2.5 G+ (more like a 2.0, but whos counting) I wasn't really worried about restoration, book couldn't get much worse lol

Sure, no problem.

Batman #620, 670, 680 etc... for instance. Books with countless 9.8 copies floating around if anyone wanted to waste their time/money slabbing it. Quarter bin books with NO VALUE that get slabbed at 9.8 so some "truly, truly brilliant" people actually spend money on them. That $16 book MIGHT increase to $20 if you have 40 years to wait.

Any more questions???

well, let me say this. I submitted and got over 400 bronze 9.8 this year. When I started this process, I had many dreams of 9.9, forget 10.0 and I got not one 9.9

I can't even tell what a 9.9 looks like since I have never actually held one to examine but for sure, many of the 9.8 I sent in had nothing wrong with them, at least at the time of my submissions, I thought many were flawless.

Sure, no problem.

Batman #620, 670, 680 etc... for instance. Books with countless 9.8 copies floating around if anyone wanted to waste their time/money slabbing it. Quarter bin books with NO VALUE that get slabbed at 9.8 so some "truly, truly brilliant" people actually spend money on them. That $16 book MIGHT increase to $20 if you have 40 years to wait.

Any more questions???

Yes.

Can you point me to the books that are worth absolutely nothing?

And who are you a shill for?

No, but i can point you to a reading comprehension course close by if you give me your home city.

I never said "absolutely nothing", i said NO VALUE. Here, i'll give you a quick economics lesson. When a book costs $17 to get graded(plus throw in a dollar or two for shipping) and sells for $16 even in a 9.8, THAT is a book with NO VALUE. Actually, i'm wrong, it does have a value. It's value is NEGATIVE $1-3. Understand yet??? The book is worthless on its own but IF it's graded a 9.8, it will ALMOST sell for the price of slabbing it. Thats a book of NO VALUE... CONGRATS!!! lol

A schill??? Funny! Is that your fallback whenever you lose an argument or get called out for being a schmuck?

Sorry, no schill here. Let me know when you see me pump up ANY seller/site, anything. Just here talking about MY own books which btw aren't even for sale. Nice try though (thumbs u

I agree etanik, which is why i said it has POTENTIAL and i HOPE it's a 9.9-10.0. I clearly said that i'm sure it will end up a 9.6-9.8 but apparently hoping for anything more truly offends some people.

No, but i can point you to a reading comprehension course close by if you give me your home city.

Judging by your grammar you should be looking for a course closer to you.

I never said "absolutely nothing", i said NO VALUE.

So, doesn't something with NO VALUE cost absolutely nothing? hm

Here, i'll give you a quick economics lesson. When a book costs $17 to get graded(plus throw in a dollar or two for shipping) and sells for $16 even in a 9.8, THAT is a book with NO VALUE. Actually, i'm wrong, it does have a value. It's value is NEGATIVE $1-3. Understand yet??? The book is worthless on its own but IF it's graded a 9.8, it will ALMOST sell for the price of slabbing it. Thats a book of NO VALUE... CONGRATS!!! lol

Point me to said books. And, seeing as the book itself has NO VALUE, please show me where I can get them for free.

A schill??? Funny! Is that your fallback whenever you lose an argument or get called out for being a schmuck?

Nice try at a deflection. No it's not my fall back, and I don't recall being 'called out' as a schmuck, whatever one of those is. I've seen your diatribe, that's about it. I haven't even seen any books with NO VALUE.

Sorry, no schill here. Let me know when you see me pump up ANY seller/site, anything.

You know full well what type of shill I'm talking about. The choice of books you threw up as examples of books with NO VALUE was... interesting to say the least. I wonder why you picked those books when refering to 'truly, truly brilliant' people hm

Just here talking about MY own books which btw aren't even for sale. Nice try though (thumbs u

It was a nice try, in fact I'd say it was a result. I couldn't give a baboon's arse what you do with your books and where, but you already know that ;)