• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you check your grades online?

159 posts in this topic

LMAO!!!

You guys definitely watched too much X-Files growing up!

Harold?!? Thats what you braniacs come up with??? Too funny. Since your detective skills are as lame as boozads slabbed Detectives, i'll help you out a little.

The name is Jason and I live in Davie ,Florida. It would take a mentally challenged 6 year old about 30 seconds on a computer to find enough proof of that on the internet (thumbs u

A mentally challenged 6 year old? Are making some sort of confession? Handicap aside, you must be at least 18 to post on the boards.

Normally, I would make a crack about you forgetting to type words that would have formed actual sentences in your post but i have to respect anyone with as nice an X-men collections as yours

I was trying to post in your "native" language. I know speech and motor skills can be tough to master. :foryou:

Well, normally i wouldn't do this BUT i've been informed via pm that apparently the site is filled with phonies and shills so alot of people feel that they "have" to be hard on new people around here.

Maybe i took it the wrong way but imo, you guys were being rude and condescending for no reason. If i took it the wrong way, i apologize.

That being said, i can assure you that i am "new" here and not the re-incarnation of some prior member or a schill for anyone. Like i said before, a simple search should show that i am who i say i am. I pretty much use the same sufunk screenname on any board i'm on so it shouldn't be too hard to verify that i am who i say i am.

Regardless, i'll apologize for maybe taking things too personal and offer an e-handshake and no hard feelings? (thumbs u

To the OP, I check the status on a daily basis a few days before my order is supposed to be ready. I've tried and I just can't keep myself from looking. Lack of self restraint I guess...much like most of us "collectors".

Don't worry, you reacted in the way any of us would have as newbies. Some long-time board members here were the ones acting unreasonably. Don't take their and don't give them any and you'll find out these guys actually aren't bad :)
hm

Just wondering what most of you guys do when you get your books graded. Do you check the grades online once they become available or wait until the comics come back and be surprised?

I used to wait.

Now I put my books up for sale in the grades I think the books will grade in before they are graded. If the grade changes when I check online then I adjust the grade accordingly.

Glad they have edit software on websites.

Whew.

:jokealert:

Well, normally i wouldn't do this BUT i've been informed via pm that apparently the site is filled with phonies and shills so alot of people feel that they "have" to be hard on new people around here.

Maybe i took it the wrong way but imo, you guys were being rude and condescending for no reason. If i took it the wrong way, i apologize.

That being said, i can assure you that i am "new" here and not the re-incarnation of some prior member or a schill for anyone. Like i said before, a simple search should show that i am who i say i am. I pretty much use the same sufunk screenname on any board i'm on so it shouldn't be too hard to verify that i am who i say i am.

Regardless, i'll apologize for maybe taking things too personal and offer an e-handshake and no hard feelings? (thumbs u

Some people give noobs a tough time here because they deserve it. Other people give noobs a hard time because it's how they get their manhood on.

Don't sweat it much. A thick skin will help a lot. You'll eventually learn who the "good guys" are and who the good guys are not.

(thumbs u

I was under the impression it was due to your attitude and insults and not due to your n00bness. I certainly saw plently of reason, not sure how you couldn't.

(This thread was much more fun before the appology) :)

Well, there is a limit to how many smartass, condescending remarks from the same person someone can/should take.

There was no "attitude" until the condescending "truly hilarious" and "sublimely hilarious" posts (thumbs u

It's kind of like christmas when you were a kid. Opening the box and not knowing if it was the cool toy you really, really wanted or if it was just a box with a new pair of dress shoes and socks!

Definitely part of the enjoyment for me. I want to open the box and not know ahead of time. Nothing is more anticlimactic than knowing what your present is before you open it. Same with graded comics. 2c

Well, there is a limit to how many smartass, condescending remarks from the same person someone can/should take.

There was no "attitude" until the condescending "truly hilarious" and "sublimely hilarious" posts (thumbs u

You're backsliding.