• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man #648 sketch cover Megathread

913 posts in this topic

I think the idea holds truth, however derailing is not quite the POINT in true form.

People shouldn't just post their ASM Sketches in the thread that was set 7 months before this one or just this 1. I think they should post their WICKED sketches in BOTH as it takes ALL OF what ??? 13 seconds to copy the properties on the image and stick it to both sides.

The vast majority of these spidey sketches are VERY worthy or being on more than 1 post. I'm loving everything I see in this and the other thread.

SPIDEY !!!!!!!!!!!!! SPIDEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SPIDEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

NICE SKETCHES ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a question on these covers.

I have 2 CGCed. One is in a regular slab and one is in an oversized slab.

Which is the regular way? It is a thick comic but i would not call it oversized.

Just curious as to what to expect on future submissions.

Thanks.

Anyone else have this issue slabbed in an oversized case?

There is a line that runs horizontal on the lower back 1/3 of the book which causes a soft line in the cardstock. Supposedly there are some without it.

Thanks for Heads up bro. I have a few of these. I'll have to look before sending them out.

Rich

Indeed they are. I bought six, and only one did NOT have the line.

Which is the regular way? It is a thick comic but i would not call it oversized.

Thanks.

Oversized as in thickness or front/back area?

Thanks.

Thickness

There is a line that runs horizontal on the lower back 1/3 of the book which causes a soft line in the cardstock. Supposedly there are some without it.

Thanks for Heads up bro. I have a few of these. I'll have to look before sending them out.

Rich

Indeed they are. I bought six, and only one did NOT have the line.

EEEEEPS BRO..... ;-(

I got 20 or 21 blanks that I'll be checking out later on today or tomorrow depending on where your at...

Thanks A GOT

Rich

Thanks.

Thickness

I called about it once when I started collecting slabs. I was told that when a book is either a little too thick (borderline between a normal and a thick slab), they will sometimes put it in a bigger case to be sure that no non-essential pressure is put on the books during slabbing. When I called, I was asking about World War Hulk #1. It's a thick book and some slabs were thick and others were normal.

So for borderline thick books it depends on how they are feeling that day. :screwy:

No, for borderline thick books they assess each unique book and decide how best to slab it.