• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the rarest comic in your collection?

571 posts in this topic

I have no idea, I find stuff that I have/had...that is scarce ..usually after I trade it;)

This one is listed as scarce in Overstreet...

blueribbon9001.jpg

I've said it before, but I'll say it again..... :takeit:

I used to own a high grade (7.5 ish) copy of this book that I got as part of a trade some 15 years ago. Didn't really care for it (not being a GA collector at the time), so it moved on. Always thought it might have been a pedigree copy, since it presented so well with nice pages. hm

Nice books posted in this thread!!!! That Adventure #24 is just stunning. (worship)

Also love the Fight #14, Jumbo #31, and the Famous Funnies #1, and the......oh well, you get the picture, I like all of them actually. Great thread. :headbang:

Here is one of my rarest books.

dps3.jpg

For me, this one was a bit tough to find. Listed as a Gerber 8 and is the only copy on the census. How about it, Fiction House collectors? Rare? (shrug)

rangers2cgc.jpg

I would agree with Alanna that this is one tough Rangers. This is the first I have ever seen, and I have seen my fair share of fiction house. Very nice 3.0 (thumbs u

Anyone have an Ace 15 - first Phantom? This doesn't come up for sale all too often.

Ed

Think you meant to say an Ace 11 (shrug) ....Ace 26 is another tough one too.....

Yes, I believe you are correct with the Ace #11.

I was lucky enough to pick up the Church copy of Ace 11 sometime back in the 90's. If I remember correctly, not one of your classic later HG Church books, but definitely a book that rarely comes up for sale and most probably undervalued in the OS guide.