• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the rarest comic in your collection?

571 posts in this topic

This one's pretty tough to find (or maybe just obscure): rare in OSPG and "8" in Gerber. So, what's Black & White & Red?

SunFun.jpg

Whoa... (worship)

That is indeed a rare book, IMHO - how's the interior page quality?

Another book I've never seen in person is Green Giant Comics.

I've come across a few Colossus Comics over the years, but they've always been brown or brittle so I've never owned one.

I've come across a few Colossus Comics over the years, but they've always been brown or brittle so I've never owned one.

I used to own a Colossus Comics signed by all of the artists and writers on the front cover. I'm thinking that had to be one of the earliest creator signed (at the time of publication) books in existence. I'll try to dig up a pic of it.

other than the mile high which has been on metro's site for awhile, my only shot at silver streak 16 over about a 5 yr. period is the one i bought below, right off our own boards.

sw16.jpg

Congrats Billy :applause: I don't think I've ever noticed how awesome that cover is (worship)

That is a cool cover, indeed (worship)

....as well as the surrounding books (15-17 Rockfords), just some great covers on these books.....jb

106563.jpg.8eb0bd6a020f49917781906c64b88b9f.jpg

106564.jpg.dd782bf966200a2fdfb197d25ecdba2a.jpg

106565.jpg.5704428594bdabf82c535103d7991c47.jpg

106566.jpg.d0a5d538f6e15851d56e507fbec18869.jpg

106567.jpg.f85265c73ef72d42c83c05b68d624ed5.jpg

I used to own a Colossus Comics signed by all of the artists and writers on the front cover. I'm thinking that had to be one of the earliest creator signed (at the time of publication) books in existence. I'll try to dig up a pic of it.

colossus.jpg

colossus.jpg

:o(worship)

Fairly tough, though a few have shown up recently...

mmannual.jpg

Sweet book

1 of my top 2 fave comics of all time. Love the thick 124 pages of clear b/w Timely story art inside! :cloud9:

I'm *not* trying to be snarky here, and appreciate the fact that Timely guys go nuts for it (as I do for some oddball Centaurs), but the book just doesn't do it for me (especially in its elevated price range).

It's acknowledged as being rare, but isn't this book - in effect - a Canadian reprint?

(great looking copy btw, Richard)

This one's pretty tough to find (or maybe just obscure): rare in OSPG and "8" in Gerber. So, what's Black & White & Red?

SunFun.jpg

Whoa... (worship)

That is indeed a rare book, IMHO - how's the interior page quality?

Another book I've never seen in person is Green Giant Comics.

Nice! Besides your copy the only other one I've seen is mine which I stumbled upon a few years ago at the Balt Con.

Sunfun.jpg

Fairly tough, though a few have shown up recently...

mmannual.jpg

Sweet book

1 of my top 2 fave comics of all time. Love the thick 124 pages of clear b/w Timely story art inside! :cloud9:

I'm *not* trying to be snarky here, and appreciate the fact that Timely guys go nuts for it (as I do for some oddball Centaurs), but the book just doesn't do it for me (especially in its elevated price range).

It's acknowledged as being rare, but isn't this book - in effect - a Canadian reprint?

(great looking copy btw, Richard)

Steve;

I believe the Cap Annual is a Canadian reprint edition while this Marvel Mystery Annual is actually printed in the USA.

Either way, I do certainly agree with your point of view since all other reprint books and in particular, Canadian reprints sell for a discount or even fractions of their original books. Yet these 2 annuals go for substantial mutiples to their original books. (shrug)