• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'LL TAKE IT!!!

216 posts in this topic

Every seller has the right to set their own rules, but I'm curious about the sellers who feel the sale must be public to be considered valid. Why is a later "I'll take it!" in a sales thread more valid than an earlier "I'll take it!" in a PM?

It isn't, and the only one who thinks it is, is Bio-Burp :insane:

My sales threads state "first :takeit: gets it". Personally I don't care if the "I'll take it" is posted in the thread or via PM. But I prefer it posted in the thread simply because it is then clear and public and therefore easier to deal with should there be some kind of dispute ( which fortunately I have not had displeasure of dealing with). I also like the appearance of activity in my sales threads. Any public sale has the potential to get another buyer motivated to commit simply by justifying the sales thread as worthwhile.

But I also understand that some buyers prefer that their purchases remain anonymous. I had a cordial pm exchange with a buyer once where I requested an :takeit: in the thread and he asked if I could just mark them as "SOLD". Hey, as I've been told so many times here, the customer is always right. And in this case he certainly is. If I consider the book sold, and he considers the book sold, why should he have to do the extra work? If the book is sold just mark it as sold.

Ultimately the resolution of any conflict that could arise via a sales thread is the direct responsibility of the seller. He/She has all of the power to make things right. And how that resolution is handled makes all of the difference in whether it escalates into something that folks hear about or is settled quietly to the satisfaction of the buyer.

It ain't rocket science. :sumo: Well put.

Every seller has the right to set their own rules, but I'm curious about the sellers who feel the sale must be public to be considered valid. Why is a later "I'll take it!" in a sales thread more valid than an earlier "I'll take it!" in a PM?

Not true. I've purchased via PM and then been asked to post the :takeit: in the thread, which I did.

:takeit::whee:

Not true. I've purchased via PM and then been asked to post the :takeit: in the thread, which I did.

Soooo, which part of what I said is not true? lol

Soooo, which part of what I said is not true? lol

How about the rule where if you didn't quote the only book available when you posted the little guy you didn't actually win it? Who made that one up?

You did, just now. :grin:

hm

So, was that you or the Seller who thought it was more valid? :insane:

Seller requested it (and it wasn't Bio, I've never purchased from him).

I can't speak for the seller.

He requested it, and I didn't have a problem posting it in the thread.

If it is not a somewhat "normal" practice, why are there so many posts in the sales thread with " :takeit: per pm " ?

Either way works for me. (thumbs u

So standardize the TAKE IT rules and be done with it. Whatever happened in the past can be used as a lesson learned.

Then it won't come up again other than someone complaining about these darn restrictive rules, and you can point them to this thread.

Or at least tell them, "The search function is your friend." :insane:

So, was that you or the Seller who thought it was more valid? :insane:

Seller requested it (and it wasn't Bio, I've never purchased from him).

I can't speak for the seller.

He requested it, and I didn't have a problem posting it in the thread.

If it is not a somewhat "normal" practice, why are there so many posts in the sales thread with " :takeit: per pm " ?

Either way works for me. (thumbs u

Either way works for me too (thumbs u Unless, of course, the seller makes a deal and then backs away from it because you didn't cross-your-heart-and-hope-to-die lol