• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'LL TAKE IT!!!

216 posts in this topic

I don't buy too often, but when I do, I almost always buy thru PM instead of the :takeit: in the thread.

I've had sellers ask me to post :takeit: in the thread, and I've told them I'd prefer not to. I've never had anyone have an issue with it.

Well you must follow the rules since god forbid the person doesn't read his PM.

Doesn't matter when you sent that PM. It's all about the I'll Take It in the thread and following those rules. Doesn't matter if you don't read that first page either.

off the topic question, what if you post an "I'll take it" in the thread and the thread dies? the seller never contacts you about it. should he be bound to sell you those comics?

this happened to me a couple days ago, still have not heard from the seller

off the topic question, what if you post an "I'll take it" in the thread and the thread dies? the seller never contacts you about it. should he be bound to sell you those comics?

this happened to me a couple days ago, still have not heard from the seller

I believe your situation was one of the examples mentioned in the sales discussion thread, and the question raised "Should it be a requirement going forward sellers have to post a SALES THREAD CLOSED to avoid any confusion?"

But I would say if you are going to post TAKE IT in a thread that is months old, it's a 50/50 shot at whether or not it sold through another sales venue.

Still, it would be nice if everyone followed the practice of posting a note their sales thread is officially closed.

I give the PM or in the thread option because maybe not everyone here wants everyone else to know what they're buying and how much they're paying/willing to pay. Particularly folks who may be looking to press a book or maybe someone who thinks the book looks undergraded per the scan and they may want to bump the grade if they try to sell later. In 6 months if they decide they want to sell it as a VF because that's what they think it is and someone here had it as a F/VF there's a decent probability someone will start a thread about it.

On the flip side, I can understand how a PM trumping a slightly later public thread "I'll take it" can be irritating to the person who thought they had the book only to find out they don't. It also means having to trust the seller to be honest about whether the PM came first or if it was a PM afterward offering more money.

What if someone PM's someone, gets them to lower the price and then you see the book on Ebay selling for $500 more? Wouldn't thrill me to see that and frankly it's a one and out as far as that buyer goes.

Whats wrong with that? If the seller here agreed to lower the price, I don't see why the buyer couldn't try to flip it on E-Bay for $500 more. Doesn't mean he is going to be able to sell it for $500 more. Also, you have to sell higher on E-Bay than on the boards to cover E-Fees.